Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,467   Online: 939

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Electronic Rollei Good or Bad? Fuji GX680?

After working with larger format cameras for some time, I find myself being drawn back to my first love - medium formats.
    Part of the situation is that other then perhaps Mamiya, nobody is really making new medium format cameras anymore. So, just about any medium format cameras are older or getting old or very old - unless one has very deep pockets and can buy a late model Hasselblad.

So, what about the electronically controlled Rollei SLRs? For such high end cameras they certainly do seem to be priced modestly now days. The extra lenses, not so much. Are these cameras a problem, stay away from, money pits? Can you get repair service? I like the Rollei TLRs, but I also like to makes pictures of things where no parralax would be better.

General Opinions, help...

What about the Fuji SLRs?

thanks for help.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    *the* (single) fuji SLR, 680 is quite the beast - pretty much a tripod-only camera from what I hear.

No idea on the Rollei 6xxx but Id' think they are probably tough to get service on and not that cheap either.

I use the RZ67 for Med format SLR needs and the Mamiya 7 for everything else. between those two, I have no reason to want anything else, other than except for a bigger neg (I wish both were 6x9).

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't shy away from older cameras just because of the age, I have several that are older than I am by a "lot" and they still take beautiful pictures. It is because of the age thing and the fact most people want digital that "we" can reap the rewards and get fantastic cameras at terrific prices. If you are hesitant about buying an older camera because of repair cost, there are still several highly competent technicians that specialize in older cameras and usually all it takes to get one up and running is a good CLA and most of the older cameras will last another fifty to one hundred years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin