Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,480   Online: 1052

Shooter
    35mm

Plaubel Makina 67 tips

Hello,
    I finally managed to get my hands on a Plaubel Makina 67 in a very good state.
    A bit pricey, but I think the camera still worth it.
    I'd like to ask to the forum if anyone has tips and/or recommendations related to this camera to share. I'm not new to medium format photography (I have used a Rolleiflex in the past) but I feel like there is a bit to learn about this camera (mainly exposure)
    And, yes, I have read the article by Ken Rockwell.

Thanks
    Luciano

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    it is my favorite camera, but i am not sure what you need to know, except go shoot and have fun.

my meter hasn't worked in some time and can't be repaired as there aren't parts anymore.

the biggest issue i had was cutting off the image as i hadn't used a rangefinder in some time and so i had to remind myself to give extra room especially in vertical mode.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have the "wide" model, but otherwise they're pretty much the same. One thing to avoid is letting the front standard slam in and out. It's tempting to press the release button and let the weight of the lens unit snap the bellows open, but I've been told that stresses the fine wiring that runs through the struts to the shutter (connecting to the metering system). Always set the lens at infinity before collapsing the lens, and never let it just flop back into the camera body. Always easy out, easy back in. Also, I've found the battery compartment can be a bit tricky to get the button batteries in properly, and I'm always concerned that I'm going to rip the plastic battery cover/flap off, so caution there. Otherwise, I've found mine to be an outstanding travel camera, and the meter is accurate (though in general I do prefer incident metering). I'm sure you'll enjoy your camera!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin