Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,215   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Q.G.

You are correct. Probably not for faster shutter speeds. Thanks for your thoughts.

However, for me, I do it all the time otherwise I'd forget every so often to remember to keep my finger in place at the slower shutter speeds!

Have a wonderful week!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bill, i do too.
    Not so that i don't forget whe it is needed. But for the reason you already mentioned: if you move quickly, you're more likely to shake the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About OP, Just my guess,
    May it be that the first time the shutter release is pressed, the camera is acting like the pre-release was pressed? I mean lens shutter closed, auxiliary shutter open, and then the second time the release is pressed the lens shutter works. Maybe the camera needs a CLA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear friends,

First of all I apologize for not having already replied.
    When I had this drawback, I was still on holiday in Sardinia living in a small village without internet availability. That evening, I was so bad temperament to drive for a while to find a Wi-Fi point and write to APUG.
    Thanks very much for your posts where there are some questions to be analyzed quickly.
    I have been requested to describe in detail what happened and in what order:
    1. After I pressed the release button, I had the clear impression that it went to stop itself at half of the usual trip, I heard only the deep sound of one shutter and I retain that one from the central body.
    2. To go over the block I had to stop the pressure and to push again, hearing this time the second classic sound from the lens.
    3. This occurred modifying both the aperture and the speediness from one second to 1/500, till the end of the film(400 ASA).

4. I had also the impression (… impression because I was nervous with my hands trembling) that the camera was blocked while I was sure that some shots were regular before to return irregular.

5. This camera was unutilized for more than one month remaining cocked.
    6. Concluding with another remark, this time I did not utilize the flexible cable release button I usually do with Hassy.

I hope to have encouraged you to write down others precious experienced opinions.
    Especial thanks to all of you.
    <°Aldo><

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by la.triglia View Post
    Dear friends,

First of all I apologize for not having already replied.
    When I had this drawback, I was still on holiday in Sardinia living in a small village without internet availability. That evening, I was so bad temperament to drive for a while to find a Wi-Fi point and write to APUG.
    Thanks very much for your posts where there are some questions to be analyzed quickly.
    I have been requested to describe in detail what happened and in what order:
    1. After I pressed the release button, I had the clear impression that it went to stop itself at half of the usual trip, I heard only the deep sound of one shutter and I retain that one from the central body.
    2. To go over the block I had to stop the pressure and to push again, hearing this time the second classic sound from the lens.
    3. This occurred modifying both the aperture and the speediness from one second to 1/500, till the end of the film(400 ASA).

4. I had also the impression (… impression because I was nervous with my hands trembling) that the camera was blocked while I was sure that some shots were regular before to return irregular.

6. Concluding with another remark, this time I did not utilize the flexible cable release button I usually do with Hassy.

I hope to have encouraged you to write down others precious experienced opinions.
    Especial thanks to all of you.
    Doesn't sound good, i'm afraid.

Keeping the camera for a month unused is not a problem.
    But whatever caused this, it sure does sound like there is something that needs putting right inside the body. Probably not a difficult repair, but it has to be done by someone who knows his way in the inside of the camera. And it probably will not be cheap.
    Sorry!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Doesn't sound good, i'm afraid.

Keeping the camera for a month unused is not a problem.
    But whatever caused this, it sure does sound like there is something that needs putting right inside the body. Probably not a difficult repair, but it has to be done by someone who knows his way in the inside of the camera. And it probably will not be cheap.
    Sorry!
    Thanks Q.G.. Tomorrow I will test again my camera and after I will contact my supplier’s lab. I will keep you informed about the technical solution ... probably in a month from now. Thanks again
    <°Aldo><

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by la.triglia View Post
    Get the camera checked out. It probably needs a clean, lub and adjust [CLA].

Hasselblad recommends that the lenses be stored cocked. They were designed for that. Furthermore, if the lens and camera are cocked the lens can be removed. Removing and uncocked lens from a camera is bad to the lens and camera - damage can occur.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Friends

Today I have done a new test on my camera and I think to have understood why of the slowdown of the shot. The inconstant jam was caused by the overturning mirror. A side of the mirror rubbed the inner side (that one in correspondence of the release button) collecting in time dirt on the contact side. I have cleaned both the surfaces and now it seems running properly. I do not know if the mechanism has suffered a damage on overturning speediness of the mirror.
    I hope my English was sufficiently clear.
    Thanks again for your kind support.
    <°Aldo><

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Aldo,

Your English is perfectly understandable.
    Glad to hear that the problem is fixed, but i would have the camera checked sometime soon anyway, since unless something is misadjusted, the mirror should not rub anything.
    And even if it was dirt stuck between mirror and wall that caused the rubbing, i.e. the mirror itself did not make contact with the wall, it could be that it now is out of aligment.

But try it first. If you don't notice any problem with focus, it's not something that needs immediate attention. But i would have it checked sometime soon anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin