Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,081   Online: 1112

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolleiflex 3,5f

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex 3,5f

Today I got my hands on a very nice Rolleiflex 3,5f. The gentleman selling it is a professional photographer and uses digital film only. He knows nothing about its value and he asked me to take it for a week and if I want to buy it get back to him.

The camera is in very good condition and is also one of the rarer white face models.

Rolleiflex prices are currently going through the roof so I think it will be a nice investment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Investment? If you want to make a small fortune, start off with a large one. Buy it because you want it. Nothing wrong with that. Buying it and expecting a ROI is more likely made to erase guilt in buying what you want rather than what you need. Its a nice camera.

JMHO
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Analog camera gear as an investment? Remember, it's about a pound of metal and glass. Figure the scrap value first.

Buy it to use it and enjoy it. Rolleis are sweet cameras. The 3.5s are usually priced a little lower than the 2.8s. That is no reflection on performance.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would have been a heck of a lot better off if a few years ago I had spent all my money buying Rolleis instead of putting some in the stock market. My Rolleis are worth more and my stocks are worth less.
    That said I don't know how much more up the Rollei prices can go. Surely they are topped out.
    I don't think the original poster really meant an investment minded investment. I think about the money I am investing when I fill my car with gas... nice little investment.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I agree a price of £225 for the Rolleiflex. I got five rolls of 120 film this morning and I'm determined to restart my old passion - Rolleiflex cameras and film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a rollei 3.5f is priceless, if you go out and use it!

Hyperbole aside, rolleis hold their value, provided they are maintained, the
    cost of which would probably offset any profit speculations.

Buy it because you love it; like many great cameras, it will allow you to
    achieve your vision, if you have one. But it won't take great pictures by itself!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    What brand of "Digital Film" does he use? I have never seen any.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 3.5F is a great Rollei.

See my Rolleiflex Price Guide to find your version. http://www.antiquecameras.net/rolleiflex.html

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    What brand of "Digital Film" does he use? I have never seen any.
    That a typing error - very sharp of you to notice!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcameras View Post
    The 3.5F is a great Rollei.

See my Rolleiflex Price Guide to find your version. http://www.antiquecameras.net/rolleiflex.html

Dan
    Dan, thanks for your link.
    Something worth mentioning about the Rolleiflex. Although the serial is 2294882 which suggests 1961 onwards, the camera also features the much sought after white face front plate.

The white face was introduced towards the latter years of Rollei production and the serial was inscribed on the front plate. My number is on top of the camera nameplate and the white face plate has no number.

My view is that the camera was serviced and the technician replaced the original face plate with the white face. Have you any ideas on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin