Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,809   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RZ67 film advance lever

Is getting stuck sometimes. Arrgh.

It seems to be typically with one back. I've tried it on both my camera bodies, and it seems to be happening more frequently. It has also happened with one of my 220 backs.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I think it must be that the electronics that "talk" between the camera and the back are not quite connected. Any thoughts or ideas about how to make sure everything is properly attached and speaking to each other... or should I send it to the Mamiya ER???

TIA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can try cleaning the contacts with alcohol & a q-tip or pencil eraser if the back is snug to the body that may solve it. Would it be less $$ to go to KEH than repair the one you have?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm beginning to suspect it's simply a battery problem. D'uh!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I had that once. Funny thing was, that I had to push the shutter release button a second time, then the film advance lever would work. The downside was that only 1/400s exposures were made regardless of what I dialed in and although the power switch was NOT in emergency mode. Cost me quite a few shots before I noticed that the "push the shutter release twice" trick did not solve my problem.

Changed the batteries and everything worked fine from then on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I've changed the battery, but it's still sticking. This is what's happening... I fire the shutter, then the film advance lever won't move. If I move the shutter over to the "emergency" shutter position, and press, it doesn't fire the shutter, but it seems to tell the lever... ok!! Time to advance!!

I've just tried it again, and moved the shutter dial to AEF, and fired a shot, and the lever worked. Then moved the dial back to 125, and it worked, again. Ok... go figure. I'm going to expose some rolls tonight, and check the shutter speed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Easiest way to check whether your camera does the 1/400s thing: just dial in a 2s exposure and listen to the shutter. That's how I discovered that my camera did only 1/400 at that time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's stuck on that.. just did exactly that. Rats... I think it's a goner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wait a minute... light bulb moment... I think the lens in the issue. After all, the shutter is a leaf shutter in the lens. It won't work on the other body I have, doesn't matter which back. Wouldn't you know... the most expensive bit to replace or repair.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Suzanne,

I don't have the ebay item number but I know there's a new Seiko shutter assembly for RZ lenses for sale from a US or Canadian seller. Just enter Mamiya RZ and you should pick it up quite quickly - it's not very costly either. Could be useful if you get an horrendous quote from a repairer!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin