Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,193   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by wclark5179 View Post
    Here is a gent that does good work on Hasselblad cameras:

http://www.david-odess.com/

Give him a call.

Are your black dots and scuff on the viewing/focusing screen?

This also could be a solution for you: "If neither works, there is a problem that needs to be solved. Ask KEH about footing the bill, or return the camera for a better one."
    I'll second David Odess. I just got my 500 c/m back from him after a CLA. Aside from the general CLA he also fixed a rather unusual problem with the film back. Just be advised that the cost of a thorough CLA may be half or more of what you paid for your kit!

The silver lining is that his work is 1st rate and I expect the camera to operate well for years to come (I hope).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I found out the focusing screen is definitely scratched up a bit, though I may try a blower brush if I can pick one up at the local camera shop. A bit of an internet search reveals that you should never use any fluid to clean the focusing screen, since it can get sandwiched between the two plates of the screen. I may try buying another, but that looks like an expensive replacement. Not to mention that there are tons of model numbers and I can't seem to find an index of all of them.

I'm off to try to complete my second roll to double-check that my film back indeed works.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As QC said, read the manual. Contact KEH if there is still a problem.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    A thing you also should really do, is read a manual.
    Theye are thin, so no excuses!

Look here:

http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWVSys.aspx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few scratches on the screen or some dust on the mirror doesn't mean a thing. Neither condition will affect the image quality, so I suggest leaving well enough alone if all else is working properly. The mirror is a first surface mirror, meaning that the reflective surface is on top of the glass support as opposed to most common mirror which have the reflective surface below the glass. These surfaces are VERY delicate and scratch very easily. They can be cleaned, but the procedure is risky if you don't know what you're doing. I wouldn't do any more than blow any loose dust off with a blower. Don't even use canned air.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin