Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,365   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use the 65 and 105 on mine the most. Love those lenses.

Changing lenses, I often forget to switch the parallax indicator on the left side to the new focal length.

I like the prism or porrofinder for tripod use only.

Edit: Late on the comment about parallax; had intended to post it earlier...but 2F, the c330's indicator will show with any lens you have mounted, but won't be accurate unless you turn the ring on the left-hand side to the appropriate focal length setting. (it's the rim surrounding the lock/unlock dial for lens changing...) I'm sure the often-referenced Mamiya site and manuals can show exact details.

The C220 uses etched lines on the groundglass to indicate parallax, so no such worries there, but also no great accuracy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Does the C330S specifically require this?

I ask because none of the models I have used (C33 or C220) seem to require any changes in settings for the parallax indicator to work with any lens. I am not even sure where this control might be on my cameras, if it is there after all. I may be incorrect for the lenses that are not fully withdrawn when focused on infinity, however.
    2F/2F:

The C220 doesn't have a parallax indicator (unless you count the additional stationary line on the screen).

I don't know about the C33.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    2F/2F:

The C220 doesn't have a parallax indicator (unless you count the additional stationary line on the screen).

I don't know about the C33.
    The C33 does. Perhaps I always missed the knob for FL. I usually use the Paramender, so that would make sense that I missed it.

The C220 (the one that I have, at leas) has etched lines that I use, but not a moving bar like the C33. You look at the focusing scale to see the recommended bellows exposure compensation, and then use the etched lines that correspond with certain amounts of EC.

P.S. Just checked the C33. It is there...and now I remember it. I forgot about it, as I have used the C220 as of late, and have only really used the 80 on the C33. I generally have left the 80 on the C33 and put other FLs on the C220.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-27-2010 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a C33 and as 2F/2F writes it has the moving parallax indicator, it's built of solid metal and much heavier than than my C330F , it won't accept interchangeable focusing screens.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin