Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,674   Online: 1232

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Koni-Omega. Metric or UNC?

Howdy,

I had a slight issue with my KO today. While walking around, one of the screws that holds the handgrip plate to the camera came out! (Yikes, as I was exactly half way through a roll! With any luck I didn't lose too many shots, as the screw hole goes straight through into the film chamber. Here's hoping that the backing paper of the 120 film has saved most of the shots).

Anyhow, I have looked at the offending part and it appears that the screw has lost the first few threads. The female thread in the camera looks to be in good condition, so hopefully I won't need to tap it out.

Anyhow, I have quickly measured the diameter of the screw and it came out to around 3.5mm, which to me suggests it would be a M3.5 x 0.6 thread. I just wanted to check (considering this was designed in the US but made in Japan) that by some chance I am not dealing with a UNC screw or some other imperial thread.

Can anyone confirm for me?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If no one knows, you might take out the other screw and take it to your local hardware and try a few nuts on it to see which is the correct thread.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    You may contact Greg Weber at gweber@webercamera.com or at 402-721-3873. He should have a replacement screw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks. I am pretty sure they are metric. My biggest problem is that most places around here don't stock M3.5 screws and will have to order them in!

Cheers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin