Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,054   Online: 1232

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zeiss Super Ikonta C 531/2

Hi everyone. I have a Zeiss Super Ikonta C 531/2 that I just got in and its in pretty great shape. The leatherette and metal components are all mint, all shutter and aperture functions work beautifully, and rangefinder seems to be fine. The bellows are light tight but do show wear and I have fresh replacements and would like to swap them out for good measure. The lenses looked a little dirty but I've got that mostly taken care of. I was unable to get the outer most lens off in order to clean the dust from inside it.

My question is can someone please provide a source or walk me through how to properly replace the bellows on this camera and how to properly disassemble the lens. I haven't worked with an Ikonta before so I'm unaware of how to best detach the bellows and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to remove the outer lens for cleaning with out disassembling the entire range finding system which I'd like to avoid doing out of fear of re-assembling it improperly and throwing off the horizontal and vertical alignment.

I do all of my own repairs and restorations so ideally I'd prefer not to have to send this somewhere. Help is very much appreciated!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    531/2 is a nice camera.
    To disassemble the lens, you'll have to remove the cover and the control knob of the rangefinder; then, you can unscrew the front lens; remember to replace it in the same position. Use a spanner wrench for the rear lens.
    Perhaps you'll see the rangefinder needs adjustment but this work is not difficult.
    Here is a site that explains that; it's in French, but, with the pics only, it's possible to see how to do :
    http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/rep/Moscou_4.html
    Moscow 4 has the same rangefinder system.
    Last edited by Andy38; 07-29-2010 at 08:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for you help!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin