Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,148   Online: 836

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

45mm Takumar for Pentax 6x7

I ordered a 165 mm lens for my Pentax 6x7 from KEH and they were kind enough to send me a 45mm wide angle in a bag marked 165mm. I shall keep it, since they think they did the right thing and so do I. I expect it is a very good lens. I have the 55mm, which unfortunately uses those pesky 100mm unfindable filters. The 45mm uses 82mm filters, which I have bunch of. Good lens? Hope so. Any advice?
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now would be a good time to order a 165mm. lens !
    Just Saying ...

Enjoy The Weekend

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did they sub the 45 for the 165, or give it to you along with the 165 inadvertently? (I should order the 45mm and see if they send me the 165mm, since I have a wide angle but would like the 165.)
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nope, just a mis-stowing of a lens.... seems like it was put in the wrong bag.... seems to me the 165 is lots longer and heavier than the 45 and some one should have recognized that, but I am very happy and content... taking it out for a lunch and some portrait work today.... we'll see... I really doubt a 165 order will get you a 445 and please don't rat me out!
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You've already ratted yourself out. Do you honestly think that no one from KEH reads these boards. I'll bet someone does.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a great lens! You can check out reviews here. I am very pleased with mine.

As for KEH's mistake, it may be worth calling and asking what they will do about it. I once received the wrong lens hood from them (just mis-packaged, mis-labeled or whatever), and when I called them they shipped me the correct one at no additional charge without asking me to return the old one. Now of course these lenses are more valuable than a hood, so the story may be different. And actually, the 45mm lens typically costs 2 or 3 times as much as the 165mm lens. But still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin