Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,518   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB67

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

RB67

Hello All,
    Thinking of selling my RB67 kit and I am wondering what to sell $$$ it for.
    I have the following:
    RB67 body w/WLF
    Non metered prism finder II with soft case
    50mm-127mm-180mm-lenses CLA'd in the past 6 month's
    42mm extension tube
    5-7 roll film backs(4 with new seals)
    eyepiece magnifier
    Brand new Pelican case to carry it all.
    Would love to sell as set.
    Thanks for the help
    Arthur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd say you could get $500 for it, at least. Not a lot of money for a seller, but a great bargain for a buyer. Are you sure you don't want to keep it?

Breaking it apart, you'd get more.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hate to say it here but would love to get a nikon D700
    You are right I think I will probably break it up

JJB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just got an RB67 with a 90mm lens and 120 back from KEH for $309. I added a 180mm for an additional $125 or so. I would look there to see what all of your gear is going for. keh.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Berak it up and sell a smaller basic kit, lenses and accesories are extra. You'll get more for the parts that way.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it's your only MF camera: keep it. I bought nearly everything (and some more) back after a few years of digital, and kicked myself for letting go at the time. At the end of the year and with no RB around, $500 will not sound very impressive anymore. I use my Rolleiflex, Rolleicord and Leica M2 only every few months, but I would miss those moments, and I did, when I had no real camera around. Think it over, and yes, if you still want to sell, break it apart.

Shooter
    35mm
    the best way to avoid seller's remorse...keep it. the rb is a quality camera and always will be. the d700 however will give you five years use, maybe seven. might be worth the money by itself but not worth the sacrilege of selling a camera that will give you another 20 years loyal service for nothing. save your pennies and by the time you have the dough, a newer and better version of the d700 will be available for the same money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sold my RB stuff, and while I don't regret it, I'm looking for a new MF camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I were you I would keep the RB67 and save your money for the D700, by the time you save the money for it, there is going to be a newer model.

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Or find a trader somewhere. I traded an) kit for my BJ 4x5. I gotta say, that's one I do not regret at all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin