Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,933   Posts: 1,557,022   Online: 1215

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reliability of Rollei 6008i2?

I was reading on Luminous Landscape that Michael Reichman got rid of his Rollei 6008 kit because it was unreliable in wet climates (such as we have in the Pacific Northwest US, where I live). He said everything worked fine once things dried out, but it was finicky that way, and since it wasn't reliable, he got rid of it and got a Pentax 67 instead.

Can anyone else share their experiences in this situation?

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I haven't experienced any issue with mine. I use it almost exclusively outside, summer like winter. However, I never let the camera to become wet. It's not a rugged camera and I don't expect it to be all weather proof. If you want a camera to go in extreme weather, that is able to work after your backpack have been soaked, you should probably choose something else. An all mechanical one for instance.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the availability of a suitable range of lenses is a bigger problem here in the U.S. And speaking of reliability and lenses, I had my 80/2.8 PQ fail in Big Bend National Park two years ago. The shutter locked up at f/22. But I think Rollei MF SLRs are pretty robust, at least that's been my experience for about ten years now, in wet, dry, hot, cold conditions. They're not just studio queens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin