Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,433   Online: 891

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RB67 Vs. RZ67

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing to consider - you cannot get new spare parts any more form Mamiya for RB's - I haven't checked about RZ's, but it may be worth checking...

I've used both - I prefered the RB's, but that was a personal preferance - both are good picture takers....

Then again for what I shoot I would get the Fuji/Bessa rangefinder....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
    One thing to consider - you cannot get new spare parts any more form Mamiya for RB's - I haven't checked about RZ's, but it may be worth checking...

I've used both - I prefered the RB's, but that was a personal preferance - both are good picture takers....

Then again for what I shoot I would get the Fuji/Bessa rangefinder....
    Andrew:

Mamiya USA still has repair services listed on their website for the RB67 ProS and RB67 Pro SD. They do indicate, however that services are subject to parts availability for some components of the RB67 ProS model (but not the more recent version).

They also indicate that the RB67 Pro SD is still available for sale.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have both. I like them both.

Main reasons for the RZ: the 50 uld and the 110/2.8. A little bit lighter. Single stroke lens cocking and film advance.

Main reasons for the RB: 6x8 back, operation without battery, and much more favourable prices on new lenses and peripherals.

Note that the newer (KL) RB lenses are as good in all respects as the latest RZ lenses, but the lack of a fast normal (110/2.8) in the RB lineup is a big deal for some people.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really enjoy my RB, i just have the pro model, and i only use it for portraits,the lenses are cheap cheap, i have the 127 C and the 140 macro, razor sharp both of them. i have never shot an rz, but both cameras are professional quality so i dont t hink you could go wrong with either. good luck
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd go for the RZ. I have one and it's superb. I just have the Pro(I) version, but it still takes the latest AE-II finder fine and all functions work (half-stop speeds, AE/AEL, etc.). The I doesn't lack much - fine focusing knob, half-stop speeds on the dial - that's about it. Id' look for an RZ Pro (I) - cheaper and basically as good as the ProII for what you want.

The 110 is a superb lens. The best in the line I think. 50ULD, 350 and 500 apos are also sweet. RZ is lighter and smaller than the RB, so that's a plus.

Note the 6x8 back is only 74mm wide, so only 4mm wider than the normal 6x7 back on the RZ (70mm).

Can't really go wrong with any of them, but to me I think the RZ betters the RB in many significant ways.

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There isn't much difference between the price of the RB and the RZ I don't think and the more modern the camera the easier to fix if anything happens I guess hopefully this won't happen but if it does its always easier to find the newer stuff. One of the things I find interesting is that people would sell an RB and then go for the RZ. I've just ordered from the mamiya website brouchers about the cameras and see what it says in these before I make my final decision on which one to buy. Thanks for the help everyone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why not jump up to a nice 4x5 field camera? Movements are really useful for landscapes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Grab an RZ Pro II, I wouldn't bother too much with the D. I just went out an got one again having been without one for 5 years. Great camera, very versatile. You'll love it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have got a 5X4 camera at the moment which is the Shen Hao PTB however I feel I would sometimes like something slightly smaller to use even though the RZ67 isn't exactly a mini camera. But its probably going to take over the amount that I use the ShenHao because of the cost of film and processing without having my own darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the RB67 which was inexpenvise and it was very easy to use. Just love it.

Jeff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin