Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,112   Online: 956

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RB67 Vs. RZ67

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert, RB's and movements aren't mutually exclusive, it just takes some imagination and a few hours of work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Attaching a digital back to a 6x7 body is pretty much pointless, since even a 50mm lens won't be really wide angle with even the biggest digital sensors you can buy at the moment. The biggest advantage of the Pro IID is the fact, that it's most likely newer and as a result in better shape than a Pro or Pro II. One shouldn't forget that bot RB and RZ were serious professional cameras which saw heavy use. If you go to a used camera store, you'll be amazed how scratched and dinged some of this equipment is. My used Pro IID was marginally more expensive than comparable Pro II offerings and it looks and works like a brand new camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Robert, RB's and movements aren't mutually exclusive, it just takes some imagination and a few hours of work.
    True, but I like the even larger area of 4x5!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't yet come across any used IID versions yet, http://www.ffordes.com have used ProII's which look in good condition however these come to about £800ish and im sure that I could find them cheaper than that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post

Looks like a great camera! Good job!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

brl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    The RB, but you need the accessories to do it, and you don't get to frame the shot entirely on the GG.
    You DON'T get to frame the shot entirely on gg?

I don't understand... is it not a 100% view?

I thought it was.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brl View Post
    You DON'T get to frame the shot entirely on gg?

I don't understand... is it not a 100% view?

I thought it was.
    That is my mistake. After a little bit of research, I realize that I should have said that you don't compose the entire shot if you use the standard 6x7 focusing screens. You'd need to get the 6x8 focusing screen to show the entire view. I believe you also need a 6x8 film back adapter (which also works for 6x7). I do not believe that Pro SDs (with their 8x8 cm rear aperture) have quite as many issues to consider when using the 6x8 back. I will defer to the experts on 6x8 backs to explain the details of their use in detail.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    Attaching a digital back to a 6x7 body is pretty much pointless, since even a 50mm lens won't be really wide angle with even the biggest digital sensors you can buy at the moment.....

Oddly, a scan back on an RB yields a 7x7 image, and that 50 is just as wide, if not a little wider. Be careful generalizing, as there are always exceptions to the generalization.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who makes a scanning back that would attach to an RZ/RB? The only ones I have seen are for large format.

IMNHSO, the 6x8 back for RB is a non-issue when comparing vs. RZ. it's only 4mm wider than the RZ. (70 vs 74mm) so hardly a big difference there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Betterlight makes an adapter to use the 4x5 scan back on an RB, Phase One made lower resolution (StudioKit) backs for the RB.

I built my own adapter, based on the Betterlight one, for my Dicomed Field Pro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin