Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,458   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RB67 Vs. RZ67

Shooter
    Multi Format

RB67 Vs. RZ67

I am thinking of buying a new medium format camera, I was originally going to have a bessa III however after reading reviews I don't feel it would be as well suited to me as I thought. I am wanting the camera for landscape mainly. I have used both an RB and RZ camera however I liked them both very much. I have one question about the RZ however is that should I go for the ProII or the ProIID as I only want to film so is there much difference as is the ProIID mainly aimed for a digital back attached?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB vs. RZ: I love my RZ, but I only got it because it came along for the right price. I'd be just as happy with an RB. The things that I think are much, much better with the RZ are the single-action advance/cocking, the 110 mm 2.8 lens, and that fact that the RZs will take both RZ and RB lenses, while the RBs will only take RB lenses. Having the shutter speeds on the body is a minor convenience, and the backs not having as many seals is great as well. Having intermediate shutter speeds on the RZ Pro II must be nice as well. I would search for both, and take whichever comes along first for the right price.

Pro II vs. Pro II D: I would just get the Pro II if you want to shoot film only, however, if you can get the Pro IID without paying much of a premium over the Pro II, why not?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there is a big difference in the price of the ProII and the ProIID from what I can find out on the internet and I was originally only going to be going for the ProII. Having a camera that can take both RZ and RB lenses would be good as much more a selection of lenses would be available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis-richards View Post
    I think there is a big difference in the price of the ProII and the ProIID from what I can find out on the internet and I was originally only going to be going for the ProII. Having a camera that can take both RZ and RB lenses would be good as much more a selection of lenses would be available.
    I'd search for an RB. The lens issue (plus the 6x8 capability) are big pluses.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The RZ offers totally automatic exposure control via the prism viewer/meter. The RZ also offers coupling of the ISO speed between the body and back, so when you change backs, the ISO is changed. I sold my RB and then got the RZ.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    one of the cameras can go up to 6X8 aswell?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is little practical advantage in going for the over-expensive D version of the ProII - especially if you are not contemplating a digital back. The only real benefit of the D is that it can take a digital back without the need for an adapter plate. I have both the RZ and RZ ProII and have an Imacon iXpress digital back to augment my film backs - so you can enjoy digital on the RZ67 without buying a ProIID. The only thing to remember with the ProII versions of the RZ is that the earlier AE Finder is not compatible without a change to its circuitry (no longer possible) and the PD Finder can't be used at all (according to the ProII manual). I also have the very rare AE Focusing Hood (brilliant accessory!) but have not tried it on the ProII - but logically none of these RZ Pro finders would be capable of recognising the half-stops of the ProII. All academic of course if you prefer to use a hand-held lightmeter....

I am thinking of buying a new medium format camera, I was originally going to have a bessa III however after reading reviews I don't feel it would be as well suited to me as I thought. I am wanting the camera for landscape mainly. I have used both an RB and RZ camera however I liked them both very much. I have one question about the RZ however is that should I go for the ProII or the ProIID as I only want to film so is there much difference as is the ProIID mainly aimed for a digital back attached?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    one of the cameras can go up to 6X8 aswell?
    The RB, but you need the accessories to do it, and you don't get to frame the shot entirely on the GG.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah right I think I so far prefer the idea of the RZ rather than the RB. I didn't think you could make the ProII have a digital back. Mind you im not that interested in having a digital back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I considered both and got the RZ. That 110 lens is sweet, and I don't want to have to CLA the mechanical timers every few years. The AE prism makes it really easy to use, too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin