Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,025   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm interested in how you are presenting your images.

I have tried gluing the images together showing the rebate, and also trying to match exactly, and also with individual white borders like a triptych.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ic-racer - I scan negs and assemble in Pshop first to plan the final. Then I print each one to small size on RC to find out exactly how they overlap, find the common edge at the bottom and top, etc. Then I print to final size (16x20 paper, usually) on FB, cropping exactly to all outside edges, allowing only a very small overlap between frames - 5-10mm). When I frame, I cut multiple windows in one matte, overlapping the prints like wallpaper underneath the "mullions", which are about 8mm thick, but revealing about 1cm of white paper beyond the edge of the exposed image on all of the outside edges. It's a lot of work, but it's the best way I have found to frame them.
    I use to dry mount them with a very small space (1mm max) with a single matte window covering the very outside edges. This looks good, but recent preferences in the business are not in favor of dry mounting, and it was still a lot of work, just a different kind of work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As you have a Manfrotto tripod, you could try this:

http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/...sf=108&child=2

I use it and it is very convenient and fast to level the base of the tripod head, so as you rotate the head, it is always levelled.

Cheers
    Alfonso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that tip, Alfonso. I may pick up one of these eventually. I want to see how the Rollei Pan attachment works first. This would be good for other formats.

I recently purchased a Rollei pan attachment, one of the "old" style. It's a nice tool, but the click-stops for each frame do not allow enough overlap. I make each exposure at about a half-frame rotation. Other than that, it works really well.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received mine today - the newer type 2 that includes the pins to lock into the front of the camera.
    2 things I'd like to ask of those familiar with this:
    It rotates in only one direction. I can't get it to rotate counter clockwise, which makes set up for a shot inconvenient. Is this normal?
    Also, the tab with the level on it is somewhat flexible, and looked to be slightly bent downward when I received it. I discovered it is quite easy to "adjust", which surprised me. Is this normal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An interesting thread-though when I first read the title I thought you wanted to put a faucet on it!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin