Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,401   Online: 899

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Cable release for Hasselblad 500CM

Hi all ... Can anyone recommend a good quality reliable cable release with a locking collar. Something about 1 ft (255 cm) long preferably designed for single handed locking/release would be perfect. There are several on Ebay but which one? ... KEH has nothing ... has anyone had any recent purchasing experiences?
    Cheers
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sure can Gebr. Schreck in Germany. Prices are great and quality is excellent. A range of lengths and colours are available -

www.gebr-schreck.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use a Linhof one. I previously used a Kaiser cable release but it didn't work very well with the hasselblad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Kevin ... Just had a quick look ... They look great.
    I've found that with some release cables the inner cable does not protrude far enough to trigger the 500CM ... So the Gebr. Schreck items are OK in that department?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Before you go chasing after hard to find products (though i don't know whether Schreck cable releases are that), just go to a shop and try some. I have used quite a few 'generic' cable releases - cheap and not so cheap alike - and have yet to find one that doesn't work. So just try some!

(I'm not suggesting, by the way, that something is amiss with your reported experience with cable releases, or something like that. Just that the odds are pretty good in favour of you finding a good one in any camera store, without having to 'go to lengths' to get one that's fine.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregmacc View Post
    I've found that with some release cables the inner cable does not protrude far enough to trigger the 500CM ... So the Gebr. Schreck items are OK in that department?
    That was the problem i had with the Kaiser release. It would not press the whole way in when the lock was put on.

I bought my Linhof release from Mainline Photographic in Sydney. www.mainlinephoto.com.au - speak to Scott.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Andrew ... Is it the 43cm one on their web site for $60?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use a 500 C/M myself but so far have only used the Schreck cables on my Wista. I'll test them on the 'blad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Andrew ... Is it the 43cm one on their web site for $60?
    That'd be the one.

I bought a 60cm one. Just the perfect length for a Hasselblad. I think it was $65.

I think it may be the most affordable piece of Linhof equipment. I'm still saving for a Technorama and Technika.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I also use the Linhof one from Mainline. I think it is the 43cm one... well it was about $60. Nice. Only one that has lasted more than a month ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin