Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,624   Online: 1296

Shooter
    35mm

about winding film on Autocord

i am wondering should the winding lever stop when i turn it?

i have film in it, but i can still turn it by more than i full turn,
    which i stop and return it to the original position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a minolta autocord and when a film is in there I take the photograph wind it about quater of the way down and then pull it back up to the original position.

Is this what you mean?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you first load film, you wind forward until it stops. This is a number of complete turns, I'm not sure how many but 3-5 or so? This is taking up the paper leader.

At this point, the counter will be at 1. Then it takes about 1/2- 3/4 turns (maybe less) until the lever stops, You then wind it backwards until it stops again, which will be at the rest position.

After the 12th shot, you wind the lever until you know all the paper has moved onto the takeup reel.

If the camera isn't working this way, something is wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I concur with Dan's description.

Shooter
    35mm
    oh... right...

that's because i didn't wind it to 1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To go through the whole routine- load film. Wind forward until the 'START' text with the two arrows is lined up with the red dots on the side of the film chamber. Close the back. Wind, wind, wind- when it stops, wind backwards to stop. The counter will be 1. Fire shutter. Wind forward until it stops, then back to stop. Repeat....

Pretty basic once you get the motions down.

Enjoy the camera. I really like the way it handles, and the lens can be pretty special. If you have an older one, Optiper or Seikosha marking on front, the aperture is 10-bladed and gives a beautiful bokeh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have sent a private message with exactly what the instructions say about it. Too long to put in this.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Check on butkus.org for the Autocord manual

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    When you first load film, you wind forward until it stops. This is a number of complete turns, I'm not sure how many but 3-5 or so? This is taking up the paper leader.

At this point, the counter will be at 1. Then it takes about 1/2- 3/4 turns (maybe less) until the lever stops, You then wind it backwards until it stops again, which will be at the rest position.

After the 12th shot, you wind the lever until you know all the paper has moved onto the takeup reel.

If the camera isn't working this way, something is wrong.
    This is how it works indeed. The "Autocord" was named as such because it had the ability to, if you lined up the "START" of the backing paper with the lines, perfectly advance your frames every time. If it's not doing so and the film is loaded properly, etc. I'm sorry to say your Autocord isn't being very Autocordy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin