Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,251   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're going to love this kit. Using the ETRSi system is a blast. The 75mm PE is indeed very sharp. I've got the 150mm mc as well and its a fantastic performer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jsouther View Post
    You're going to love this kit. Using the ETRSi system is a blast. The 75mm PE is indeed very sharp. I've got the 150mm mc as well and its a fantastic performer.
    Thats really good to hear on the 150 too. The waiting is going to kill me!!!
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ed, I've got the 75, 150 and 250 PE's - all beautiful lenses that give me razor sharp 12 x 16 exhibition prints - the ETRSi's a KISS system too so any mistakes, and you won't be able to blame the tools.
    Patricia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, Ed, wish I'd seen the thread sooner...either way don't sweat it. I would have said for the budget, get the E-II, but $30 isn't all that much either for the latest, in fact last, incarnation. The E-II and PE are pretty much interchangeable. I have both and have found no practical difference. They are by my experience functionally identical. Both really good optically. It's said the PE's coating is slightly better. It is slightly different when you look at the coating reflections, but I haven't seen any difference in pictures. They both take the bayonet hood. The E-II does have f/16 on its DoF scale, and even more important, a nifty green stripe! The PE has the somewhat easier to grasp wider, uninterrupted aperture ring. You're good either way.

The best place to spend a little extra is on backs. The backs are, IMO, the most likely spot to have age/use related problems, like improper frame spacing and such. The AEIII prism is good if you need to meter TTL, but it seems a little fragile. And it's not fully coupled on manual-you have to transfer the readout to the shutter speed dial. As a meter it's great, and I like its separate ISO and exp. comp. dials, so there's always full range on both. The built-in diopter is nice and so is the eyepiece blind. I just wish it was fully coupled and beefier!
    Last edited by lxdude; 08-13-2010 at 03:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello guys, do you have sharp images from Zenzanon EII 75 f2,8? Last weekend I tried to shoot with Bronica ETRS and Zenzanon EII 75 f2,8 (handholded, kodak ektar 100, 1/125s f8-f11). I am disappointed from result in terms of overall sharpness. I didnt get very sharp images. Lens looks like new, leaf shutter work fine and iris too. Maybe problem is with scanner (Noritsu S-4) or exposure time 1/125s is too long for this camera and lens without tripod. I must try with tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The E II lens is excellent. The PE adds the 1/2 aperture. But they are equally excellent. You must have done something wrong. Make some contact prints to see the negatives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think, you are right, because this lens has very good reputation. I must test this lens again with and without tripod. I will try to scan photos with another scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
    The E II lens is excellent. The PE adds the 1/2 aperture. But they are equally excellent. You must have done something wrong. Make some contact prints to see the negatives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 75 E-II is largely 'the same' optically as the 75 PE...the E-II came mount after all the other ETR MC lenses. Optically speaking, with wide angle PE lenses have improvement in contrast and freedom from flare that the MC wide angles are more prone to issues of contrast or flare.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by transporti686 View Post
    Hello guys, do you have sharp images from Zenzanon EII 75 f2,8? Last weekend I tried to shoot with Bronica ETRS and Zenzanon EII 75 f2,8 (handholded, kodak ektar 100, 1/125s f8-f11). I am disappointed from result in terms of overall sharpness.
    I do get sharp images from my 75mm PE. I mostly shoot from a tripod, though, and print in the darkroom. It's a fine lens and excellent value for money these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To clarify something regarding the matter of a lens having or not having 1/2 stops: the PE lenses have clicks at full and half stops, and unlike the older lenses, communicate the half stop positions to the metering prism. But all lenses may be set and used at any point on the aperture scale, including between clicks.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin