Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,729   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you Rick,,,you have some great supportive posts. I have a handful of point and shoots that came in wholesale lots. Haven't tested. Your welcome to them to hand-out to the neighborhood kids if your still involved with that. Just PM me.

edit: neighboorhood replaced. my fingers and my brain don't get along to well.
    Last edited by Focus No. 9; 08-11-2010 at 10:46 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelling or mis-spelling,mispelling

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Ditto. And my Argoflex has a sports finder. Check out my avatar.
    Great avatar Anscojohn. Glad your still with us and getting through the latest tech upgrade. At work we finally upgraded to MS Office 2007 and I HATE IT!
    signed,
    Stormin' Formin' & Normin!
    [still doesn't mean I like it ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer Focus, but the local 4H pulled the plug on most of the art programs this year, and the kids I have been shooting with are falling away. I still have a couple of kids, and this summer they got to shoot some Velvia courtesy of Anscojohn(muchas gracias AJ)and loved it. We are putting a slide show together, just waiting for the last rolls to return from Fuji processing to finish up. I have no idea what they are going to offer for arts next year, I am staying in touch with them to push for photography, maybe it will be partially funded, or at least let me offer it at my expense.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus No. 9 View Post
    DW. I have a C-3 Matchmatic. [...] The camera is too scary looking to operate. [...]

Looking forward to your Argus Day C-3 celebration results!
    Nah, one step at a time! There are manuals on line if you don't have one. They are definitely not automatic. Mine is not a "Matchmatic" and after a quick look at the manual it does appear they made a complicated beast more complicated, but it can't be too tough to deal with, they sold a lot of them. The biggest real problem I have with my C3 is that the viewfinder and rangefinder windows seem to have shrunk substantially since I was 17.

A selection of my Argust 10th expedition results may be seen here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [...can't focus in early light either]

Yeah, it is a very dim viewfinder. I have the magnifier on mine-it would be really hard to focus with out it!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I didn't get out with my Argus C3, but I am thinking about loading it up anyway and playing tourist.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I managed to get a few shots with my C-3 and some Lucky 100 film. I even got a couple of them in focus(sort-of, mostly, kinda)and as soon as the prints are dry I'll post a couple. I figured out why they call it "Lucky", I was lucky to get it spooled onto the reel, and I was lucky to get it developed (directions in Chinese-TG for panthermic developer).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Nah, one step at a time! There are manuals on line if you don't have one. They are definitely not automatic. Mine is not a "Matchmatic" and after a quick look at the manual it does appear they made a complicated beast more complicated, but it can't be too tough to deal with, they sold a lot of them. The biggest real problem I have with my C3 is that the viewfinder and rangefinder windows seem to have shrunk substantially since I was 17.

A selection of my Argust 10th expedition results may be seen here.
    That's my problem...I'm not 17 either! Nice pics. Enjoyed the history and the Knights Dam.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Thanks for the offer Focus, but the local 4H pulled the plug on most of the art programs this year, and the kids I have been shooting with are falling away. I still have a couple of kids, and this summer they got to shoot some Velvia courtesy of Anscojohn(muchas gracias AJ)and loved it. We are putting a slide show together, just waiting for the last rolls to return from Fuji processing to finish up. I have no idea what they are going to offer for arts next year, I am staying in touch with them to push for photography, maybe it will be partially funded, or at least let me offer it at my expense.
    -sorry to hear that Rick, keep us posted. Hope the slide show is a success.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

ArgusDay Returns

Well gang here is a picture that the shop was able to square to 5 x 5 inches. This is cropped however. I will post a second shot in the technial forum as there is an ugly spot on it. All prints have a huge amount of dust along the lower third. The camera appears clean...the white specs drive me nuts. Can't submit those in a contest! So anyway I got 7 prints out of 12 frames. The last was as I suspected blurry. I also think that with a 75mm lens that getting to close to large objects is not aesthetic. Another lesson learned?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin