Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,574   Online: 967

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first TLR was a Lubitel in 1967. Then it was all 35mm till 1991. Then I bought a Yashica Mat 124-G. Sold it in 1994 for some extra to buy a Mamiya 645 Pro.
    However in 2007 I bought a Yashica Mat 124-G again, in very good condition and made a CLA. It's working perfect and I like the camera very much for IR-photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the 124G Mat. Wish I could get back ito the habit of using it again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I recently bought the Yashica Mat EM. Great little camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Found an 'A' and LM this year in very good condition. And, it's been fun alternating back and forth. The A model is available-if anyone wants this gem.
    "I have no idea how to respond to the OP, so in the time honored tradition, I'm going to wade in, anyway!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    ... I was sneered at by the Rollie shooters, and the "high tech" 35mm guys. ...
    Yashica equipment is nothing to sneer at, and it still sparks nostalgia among many Japanese here. They are great TLRs when you can't afford $2000+ for a Rolleiflex.

You've inspired me to go window shopping today
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Yashica equipment is nothing to sneer at, and it still sparks nostalgia among many Japanese here. They are great TLRs when you can't afford $2000+ for a Rolleiflex.
    I'd agree that Yashicas are quite decent cameras.
    But mind that a "good for the money"-type defence will only (and correctly) increase the sneer-factor.
    A camera is good or not, no matter how expensive or cheap it is, or how expensive or cheap other cameras are.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love love love my Yashica TLR's , I have published with my Kodak 104, then waved my M6 under the sneer-guys noses. Smell this, and weep, fools!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first MF camera was a Yashica Mat 124G I bought in 1984. I had always been very impressed with the images it produced, and even came to rely on its meter. Sold it in about 1990 or so when I bought a clean old Rolleiflex Automat with Schneider Xenar 3.5 lens. Honestly, I don't think the Rollei was any better. Maybe not even as good. Sold the Rollei a few years ago and was TLR-less for a while, then bought a 124 (not a G) earlier this year. Wow, it was really nice stepping back into Yashica Mat ownership again. The images this camera delivers are simply superb.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an absolutely pristine Yashica 12. It has tremendous sentimental value. My Dad bought it from my best friend who bought it in Okinawa. I found it among my Dad's things after he died. I don't think he ever used it. The battery had corroded the terminal in the camera, but Mark Hama fixed it and did a complete CLA on it. Because I have a Blad and a Ukrainian "Bladski" I rarely use the Yashica.
    Oh, and my first modern TLR (after the Argoflex my Dad gave me) was a Yashica D, bought new in 1961, with a Honeywell Tilta-Mite flash gun and a roll of Plux-X for $54.40.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I understand it at least some of the later Yashica's offer the choice of 120 or 220 film. could somebody tell which models have this option?

Glad to see your still here Anscojohn
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin