Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,458   Online: 757

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Pan device - a question or two

Received one today - the newer type 2 that includes the pins to lock into the front of the camera.
    2 things I'd like to ask of those familiar with this:
    It rotates in only one direction. I can't get it to rotate counter clockwise, which makes set up for a shot inconvenient. Is this normal?
    Also, the tab with the level on it is somewhat flexible, and looked to be slightly bent downward when I received it. I discovered it is quite easy to "adjust", which surprised me. Is this normal?

My Type I rotates only clockwise.

Hard to say on the level. My Type I is straight from the level to the tripod mount. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe that is normal for all Rollei panorama heads.

But I'm confused about "Type 1" vs "Type 2"; I thought the one without the pins was Type 2, the later version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your comment, Brian - you are right, and the one I have is the older one, Type 1, but the one I want is the new one, Type 2, since I have a Rolleifix and would like it to rotate both ways. I got it from Kohs, and he should exchange it, if he has one.

See here: http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00EGVi

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin