Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,720   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Multi Format

RZ67 shutter issue?

On the last few rolls the shutter doesn't fire 1/3 of the time. Sometimes i have to press the release several times or move the M-R lever a few times then it will fire. This slowly started happening the last 4 rolls. Has anyone had this issue with their RZ67 before? Any quick fix?

Thanks
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don´t know this problem, but the first thing I would do is to make sure that it is not the battery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Daniel View Post
    I don´t know this problem, but the first thing I would do is to make sure that it is not the battery.
    Thanks Lars. I hope that I'm not that much of an idiot... I was under the impression that The RZ67 had a visible low battery warning on the glass, I'll pick one up tomorrow. Thanks..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think i might have found the issue but wont know until i go shooting tomorrow. I read the manual (HA HA) and found out how to test the battery and it is fine. One thing i noticed is the shutter lock knob on the front lower left was in the middle between the white and orange dot when it should be on the white dot. I turned the shutter lock back to the white dot and dry fired the shutter about 30 times and it fired every time . I hope thats all the issue was.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds like what it could be.

With the L-grip, mine has sometimes intermittent connection on the little 4-pin connector that connects the grip to the camera, sometimes if that is loose the grip button won't fire the shutter. That connector is really pretty poorly designed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin