Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,629   Online: 851

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

RB67 SD rotating adaptor on rb67 pro body?

Is it possible to put an rb67-sd rotating adaptor onto the older rb67-Pro body? I have noticed from photographs that the rb67-sd rotating adaptor has two pins whilst the pro has only one.
    I have a 6x8 film back (autowind) and want to get the full 6x8 negative format. With the rb67 pro rotating adaptor I get 6x7.25 negs.
    I have searched around for a direct answer to this question but no luck. Thanks.
    John

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't the extra pin part of the Pro S/D double exposure lock-out system that the early Pro RB+backs lack? I suspect it would fit without any 2x exposure protection since the old Pro didn't have it. If no one answers, try the MF forum at photo.net.
    Last edited by CGW; 08-15-2010 at 03:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I am not sure if the extra pin will prevent the unit from fitting on the old rb67 body and will need some filing down. Anyone out there know the answer?
    John

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I 'm curious about the 6x8 back too and found some enlightenment here:

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00FJLH

Do snoop around pnet--tons of info archived there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks CGW,
    Based on your advice I went back to photo.net and finally found a piece that said the extra pin is not removable and, with it in place, a rb67 pro body cannot accept a rb67-sd rotating adaptor. Mmmm . . . still thinking about it.
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everything is removable , if it's chrome, it just unscrews. It may have a sealant on the threads, but vise grips work wonders.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks John,
    You are absolutely correct of course. I have a couple of cameras in a million pieces to prove it. I have the rotating adaptor on the way. I will let you know my findings.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK Folks.
    1. A rb67 Professional rig shoots a 5.6 x 6.8 negative.
    2. A rb67 pro body + rb67 pro rotating adaptor + 6x8 power back gives a 5.6 x 7.2 negative.
    3. A rb67 pro body + rb67 pro-sd rotating adaptor + 6x8 power back gives a 5.6 x 7.3 negative
    And, John, you were correct . . . the pin unscrewed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Finally,
    If anyone is interested, an RB67 Pro body with the #8 baffle + rb67 pro-sd rotating adaptor + 6x8 power back gives a 5.6 x 7.5 negative.
    John

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whew! Thanks for the update. How's the power drive back in terms of noise, speed and operational smoothness? Have been tempted to get one for my Pro S--like it needs more weight...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin