Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,839   Online: 740

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 7II, Does it whorthy at USD1200?

Today, I just browse through internet, and found out that in Hong Kong, the price for Mamiya 7II is at USD1200.
    My mind play trick inside.
    I always wants a rangefinder, but Leica is out of budget. So when I saw this price, it seem like my dream finally come true.
    So, does any user have any complaint on this camera?
    Does any user got any portfolio that take with this camera?
    Any ways, thanks if I could get any reply on this subject.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just remember that price is for a body only, no lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the lens is : 80mm/f.4 at USD755,
    150mm/f4.5 at USD1100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For brand new you're not going to do any better... B&H sells the body only for I think around $2300.

I've been tempted myself to order one of those from the auction house - there's a seller I bought a bunch of new Mamiya gear from who is located in Japan last year. Took a few weeks to arrive in the U.S., but it was all as stated, and brand new, and much cheaper than can be bought here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They are a great camera. The rangefinder design means that you don't have the mirror slap problem found in medium format SLR cameras and as a result will get great images when handheld.

6x7cm frame size means you can print big
    Lenses are good
    Camera is compact and cheaper than other options.

Build quality is not to the same level as Leica or even the big RB/RZ bodies and the rangefinder will probably need to be calibrated more often than with a Leica.

Go for it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A number of the pictures in my gallery here are made with a Mamiya 7. (Not the 7II, but the differences have nothing to do with the end result), and I love mine. Worth every penny I paid for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the work of Bruce Percy. Almost all of his work is done with a Mamiya 7II http://www.brucepercy.co.uk/

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the links......I'll look at it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did a mistake and bought the camera body only from B&H for about $2400, i saw that camera with lens in DigitalRev for about $2400, so with the same price of new body only i can buy used with lens, but i was thinking to buy this camera as new fresh not used as it will be my first and best rangefinder MF camera, i now just look for a lens for it, was thinking to buy one used and one new lens, the budget is down now, so i will start with used lens first and later i can buy new lens.
    I bought this camera after many reviews that showing this camera is no slough, and can't wait to use it, flickr is full of shots from this camera anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently rented one to see how it would do for some spontaneous street work,
    and am pretty blown away by the camera. Some results.

Even a used rig could run $2000 from KEH, though the bargains are typically well worth it, and could bring the price down to merely $1200-$1500

Two schools of thought:

"do you need that much camera?" -vs- "why not? life is short"

Could buy a Rollei and a frugal week in Italy for that much....
    listen to your gut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin