Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,408   Online: 915

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F: I dunno why I don't want to cut the existing strap up, especially since I have 2 bodies with a strap each I could easily sacrifice a strap. It's just that cutting it seems rather permanent, that's all.

Scott: I got my upstraps through listening to your show - I could easily cut the lugs off one of my RB straps and attach the Upstrap to it, which I'm considering...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You should be using a tripod with that RB. Can't imagine having that thing around my neck all day let alone getting a shot off without camera-shake!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Should," the other poster said.

...but the OP ain't. So what good is "should?"
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey 2F/2F -

Thanks for the tip on the Tamrac strap.

I've found nothing that surpasses plain, old suede leather (especially padded) for staying put on my shoulder. It not only has good "staying put" power but cushions nicely as well. I have an old, worn out camera bag with a suede strap and it's my favorite carry bag b/c of the way the suede holds on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys. Yes, I am using a tripod. In fact I specifically have just upgraded to a Manfrotto 055 for this camera. I'm still wanting a strap though, for I want to be able to carry the camera around while I get to the next scenic spot, I can't see me putting it away in my backpack in between every shot. So I need something comfy to carry it with, that's all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like the others I would go the OP/tech strap.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an update...

My Op/tech strap arrived yesterday. It's fabulous, and just right for this camera!

Thanks to all those who suggested it!

Cheers

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Sheppard View Post
    Op/Tech.... hahaha

Put that RB on a Op/Tech and watch it SLIDE right off your shoulder.

We use Up-Straps on EVERYTHING, I use one to carry a Canon 1V-HS with a 200mm F1.8L lens and a complete Mamiya Universal fully loaded and it WILL NOT slide off your shoulder nor will the strap break.

They have 2 models one with kevlar in the strapping. Neoprene is for women !!

You can order the strap lugs from Op/Tech and then use them on your Up-Strap !!

Let me know if you need some more information.

Thanks

Scott
    I like that the advertiser is so professional he feels the need to insult the obvious majority of optech users here. In spite of that douche I'll be getting an optech strap. Thanks for helping me make a decision Scott, you're ace!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Since you dislike the Mamiya strap, why the reservations about simply cutting it up, stealing the lug connectors, and throwing it into the trash?

The RZ works fine for me on the stock Mamiya strap. I attach the lug connectors on the strap so that the lens points upward for over-the-shoulder carrying, and the WLF rests against my gut for around-the-neck carrying.) I would hate to carry it, or any heavy camera, on a neoprene strap; especially over the shoulder. I'd go with the Up-Strap or another fixed (i.e. non bouncy) strap, since you dislike the Mamiya strap. I can only stand the neoprene straps on lightweight cameras, personally, and even then they still feel a bit sleazy to me.

FWIW, this (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...k_Release.html) is the strap I use for my Mamiya C series and Press series cameras, and my near-7-lb. Linhof Technika III. With so many cameras, the quick release is an extremely beneficial feature, and it is simple, elegant, comfortable, and old fashioned, yet with all the modern features that really matter in a practical sense to me (nylon strapping as opposed to cotton, and quick releases), without being some high-tech spandex superhero strap. Also, you can easily remove the manufacturer's name tag to make it more plain, which I like. The suede never slips; ever, and I'll wait till my brick of Linhof or my Super 23 gets ruined in a fall to agree with all the people who swear that using a quick release is like asking for camera suicide. The strap is perfectly solid. (You want to feel SCARY? Put a heavy camera like my Technika on an Op-Tech strap and feel it go bouncy bouncy as you walk!) It is also quite affordable. This simple suede strap is perfect for me, and I am glad that it is made.

As you see, it is entirely a matter of opinion, and you already have yours, so I'd ignore all the noise and just read the possible answers to your question that have been provided. E.g. Chop that Mamiya strap to pieces and call it a day!
    This was *the best* strap advice i've ever read - thanks 2F/2F. This strap, which i've since bought and use, is absolutely phenomenal. I'd *never* trust my camera to a neoprene strap after using the Tamrac N-45. My RB67 never slips or causes me to think it will come off my shoulder.

Besides this O_myMamiya, take your poor language elsewhere. This is a nice Community and we don't need neg-speak to drag it down.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    Hi everyone.

Happy new RB67 owner here, or at least I'd be happier if I could rid my RBs of their annoying Mamiya straps. What a ridiculously crappy strap!!!!

I have an Upstrap here waiting to go on one of my RBs but I need to track down a source for the Mamiya strap lugs. Short of sacrificing one of my straps for it's lugs I'm a little stuck.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and before you tell me to go to the local agent, my dealings with them so far have been rather less than satisfactory, I'd rather not deal with him.

Thanks all

Chris
    Why worry about a strap you hate? Sacrifice the lugs if it delivers a strap that won't saw your head off. Agreed, one of the poxiest straps ever made.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin