Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,334   Online: 1207

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad 2000fcw Trouble

Hey guys, new here and I have a weird problem with my 2000fcw.

It all started shooting some stuff using the leaf shutter. Near the end of the roll, I was unable to wind any longer and the status indicator on my back became red. So I rewound the film, took the roll out and put another one in. Followed everything to a tee in trying to get the status indicator back to white, and still nothing.

At this point I figured it was just the battery so I went out and got a new Energizer. Popped it in, removed the back, released the camera, put the back on again and tried to wind. Still nothing. It's like it's on permanent multiple exposure mode because the only way I can wind the camera is pushing the multi exposure button down and winding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At this point I'm telling myself that it was a shitty battery I bought regardless of the fact that it was new. Hmmm....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a shitty back.

Failed joke aside, it really is the back. 100% not the camera (nor anything in the camera, like the battery).
    Probably gummed up, and easy to 'repair' (nothing to fix, just clean up).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks dude!

The only thing that makes me think it could be the battery is that when I take off the back, the shutter curtain doesn't withdraw. But then again, that's probably something to do with the back as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, that's not something to do with the back.

There is a 'feeler' on the rear of the camera. It can be pressed in and pushed to the side, and then the shutter retraction feature is disabled (the thing is always pushed in, as if there's always a back on the camera).
    Perhaps it is like that on your camera?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't mean to sound like a retard but I honestly can't find the 'feeler'.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    On the rear of the camera, above the film gate, towards the left, left of the magazine hook.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gotcha. It seems to be sticking out right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Then, with the magazine off the camera, release and wind the camera.
    Be careful that you do not touch the shutter at all!
    Then push the tab in (still being careful not to touch the shutter curtains at all!), and let it go again.

That should make the shutter fire the first curtain, leaving it with an open shutter with the curtains out of sight and harm's way.
    If it (pushing the tab in and releasing it again on a wound camera with the shutter closed) doesn't, there's something wrong with the mechanism.

I think i have mentioned that you should be careful not to touch the shutter curtains at any time, but if not: be, and don't!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ahhh, didn't seem to work. Such a bummer. Thanks for all the help so far Q.G. Really appreciate it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can you slide the tab to the left (or right - i forgot which way)?
    Probably not, since it can't on my 2000 FCWs...

Back to the original problem: how does the camera behave with the back off the camera?
    You see, i'm beginning to believe my original thoughts were, uhm... let's say 'misguided'. The back's status indicator not returning to white could of course be the camera's fault after all. If it doesn't transport the film, it will not change the indicator... Stupid of me.

For some reason i had the idea in my had that if the magazine's mechanism got stuck, it would block the camera's wind crank.
    And it will, if stuck the right way. But it's not the only possible cause. Why i jumped to that "100%" certainty belief i can only explain as an instance of accute stupidity.

Your thoughts about the shutter not withdrawing being a sign that the camera is at fault are correct.
    I thought it might perhaps be because the feeler tab was in the retraction-feature's "off" position, but the 2000 FCWs i know don't have that option. Only the 2000 FC/M had.

So perhaps another new battery after all?
    Sorry for all this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin