Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,539   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was really just interested in the mechanical dependability of the winder. How it feels is an individual thing. It is all about what feels normal to you. I have an RB67 as well and the left hand grip for that camera feels better to me than the left hand grip for the M645???
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mechanically, the motor drive for the old 645 bodies is a borderline relic(with the attendant parts+repair headaches). I shoot my RB mostly anchored to a tripod but wish the lefty grips would allow the use of a QR plate for tripod use--the handle would make positioning faster. I believe the only RB grip with a threaded 1/4 hole is the semi-rare Multi-angle grip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I bought my RB67/C330 grip many, many years ago, the previous owner had replaced the screw that threads into the tripod socket with a welded contraption that has a female tripod socket thread on the bottom, inset into the tightening knob. I am therefore able to use QR plates.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been tempted to hack a TLR/RB lefty grip(they're often quite cheap on the big auction site)to work like that with a spare Manfrotto hex plate bolted onto the bottom surface. Another project...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I was really just interested in the mechanical dependability of the winder. How it feels is an individual thing. It is all about what feels normal to you. I have an RB67 as well and the left hand grip for that camera feels better to me than the left hand grip for the M645???
    I purchased the motor winder for my 645 used some years ago. It has been very reliable but kind of loud. It takes a bunch of AA cells and replaces the manual winder. It's good when mated with one of the metering prisms and allows a faster shooting experience. I have no complaints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had the power drive. I would skip it. Easy to bump the MULTIPLE EXPOSURE Switch.

Shooter
    Medium Format

It's big, noisy, IIRC takes 8 AAs (heavy), but it works. It's also quite strong, you can feel the torque through the grip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin