Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,922   Online: 772

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember when I was looking for a house near where I work. I saw this house on 2 miles from work which will allow me to bike to work. Back then, there was the housing boom. The house I wanted was also at a university town where housing was in short supply too. To make a long story short, I didn't even tour the home because it was sold out from under me. I thought there would never be a house in my low price range so close to work. Well, I bought a house two blocks away which I still live to this day. You don't know what life will offer, but just expressing your disappointment on APUG will help make your wishes come to fruition. Good luck and be patient. Your disappointment will make you appreciate your Koni Omega Rapid that much more when you get it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Keep trying. I first used a Koni while I was in the USAF. It was going to be the replacement of the Graphlex XL that we had been using for years. Last year I won a Koni-Omega Rapid for under $200, and even the seller thought I got a great deal. Great camera, and easier to carry when I don't feel like taking my rb67 out. I also have the 58mm lens, and view finder that cost more than the camera, but I'm a total wide angle slut. They're still out there, just keep looking.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That is why she is an ex. I had a similar thing and now life is much better.
    Actually still in the middle of the process, so she is not officially my ex yet (she is the one who filed). She has the kids this week, so I went up to the darkroom at 10pm last night and got home at 7am. I am getting a lot more photography in lately...

My photo teacher at the university always tried to get me to take photos down to show AA -- I was too shy to attempt it. I eventually assisted at the AA Workshops at Friends of Photography, but it was after AA had died.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Actually still in the middle of the process, so she is not officially my ex yet (she is the one who filed). She has the kids this week, so I went up to the darkroom at 10pm last night and got home at 7am. I am getting a lot more photography in lately...
    It gets much better. I got full custody of the two children, the ex got my dog. The dog was pissed!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Good luck and be patient. Your disappointment will make you appreciate your Koni Omega Rapid that much more when you get it.
    I know. Thank you. I've got some LF lenses I'm gonna be selling. I have plans for some of the profits, but if I get enough (fingers crossed) I might just go nuts and actually be willing to pay what one is worth. Maybe even get an extra lens for it!

I'm sure I'll have one someday. Hopefully sooner than later though!

Jeez. I really, really, REALLY love Konica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bushpig,

I passed up an opportunity to get a Crown Graphic without a lens for $200 on APUG. Then I bought a 1919 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Rotating Back Auto Graflex which turned out to be a shelf queen and I got my money back. While I working with the RB Auto I was put in touch with someone who is a retired Graflex and Graphic repairman. He sold a pristine 1953 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic and a 1927 4x5 Graflex Model D from his personal collection to me. Just hang in there, it eventually works out.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my Koni-Omega M. But be aware that the backs for the Rapid and for the later models are not compatible. I would recommend that you look for a nice Koni-Omega M or a Rapid Omega 200. Be patient and wait for one in nice condition.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Mamiya 7, or maybe a Fuji 6x7, would cheer me up if I was in your shoes...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Reading Sirius Glass, Steves, note on AA reminded me. I think it was 1968, I had saved up enough money to either go out and take a one week course with AA, or... I could spend the summer surfing up and down the east coast.

By September I had a killer tan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Reading Sirius Glass, Steves, note on AA reminded me. I think it was 1968, I had saved up enough money to either go out and take a one week course with AA, or... I could spend the summer surfing up and down the east coast.

By September I had a killer tan.
    That just shows great minds think alike!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin