Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,113   Online: 939

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    or... I could spend the summer surfing up and down the east coast.

By September I had a killer tan.
    Do you still have it?

Kent in SD

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Do you still have it?

Kent in SD
    No joking; I seriously laughed out loud. Hopefully not loud enough to wake anyone up though (I work nights and it's a night off).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Do you still have it?

Kent in SD
    Sort of. I had some skin cancer chopped out. Does that count?

Instead, I could have had one of those $25 prints AA sold to students.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hate reserve auctions.

I would've just won a Koni-Omega Rapid if there was no reserve. The body, 3 lenses, 2 finders, 2 backs. My girlfriend would've been horribly pissed, but I would've had one.

*sigh*

Oh well. Hopefully I win the next one!

*fingers crossed*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    I hate reserve auctions.

I would've just won a Koni-Omega Rapid if there was no reserve. The body, 3 lenses, 2 finders, 2 backs. My girlfriend would've been horribly pissed, but I would've had one.

*sigh*

Oh well. Hopefully I win the next one!

*fingers crossed*
    Many buyers/bidders don't bid when there is a reserve because it isn't really a true auction.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    This days I am in negotiations with myself about "To get a Rolleiflex 3.5E planar, or not". I found a good seler with good price and he can send me anytime.

But I have some troubles about choosing the camera 'smart' or 'practicaly'.. I am not a professional photographer, but hobbyist who use 35mm film cameras and advanced P&S, and I don't shoot that much often, so I would not use the rollei that often but mostly for some outdoor portraits of friends & family, but planning sooner for some photoshoots with persons, band members, etc.

What stucks me in also is that in my country i know only one seller who have some expired portra 160/400 vc and t-max 400, both expired 2005, but he won't have this films forever, after that I'm unable to buy any 120mm film, only some garbage 35mm at local stores. I'll need a scanner too. The lab in my town scanes and develops 35/120mm films, but shooting paralel 35 and 120 film + developing and scanning might cost me very much.

Indeed, I don't really need the quality of the medium format need but I like to try. Practicaly it's not clever getting in this mess, emotionaly - it is.

I don't know will I regret buying, or regret not buying.
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My late wife would occasionally complain about my purchases, I didn't buy much, just bribe her with another toy and she would keep quiet. She has been gone for eight years. I have met another lady who likes photography, thinks film sucks, has a Nikon 0D200 and a few very nice lenses. She was complaining about the Nokton 50mm/1.1 lens I bought for my Leica M20. "Why can't I have something like that for MY camera?" I've been thinking of buying her a Nikon 50mm 1.4D for her to play with. It might keep her happy and also I could use it on my N80 every now and then. Is this a good idea?

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I've been thinking of buying her a Nikon 50mm 1.4D for her to play with. It might keep her happy and also I could use it on my N80 every now and then. Is this a good idea?
    Yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stevco View Post
    What stucks me in also is that in my country i know only one seller who have some expired portra 160/400 vc and t-max 400, both expired 2005, but he won't have this films forever, after that I'm unable to buy any 120mm film, only some garbage 35mm at local stores. I'll need a scanner too. The lab in my town scanes and develops 35/120mm films, but shooting paralel 35 and 120 film + developing and scanning might cost me very much.

Indeed, I don't really need the quality of the medium format need but I like to try. Practicaly it's not clever getting in this mess, emotionaly - it is.

I don't know will I regret buying, or regret not buying.
    I can't help you with the scanner, but I've got a crapload of 120 and about to get more. Mind you, my new medium format camera is on the way so I'm going to be using most of the 120 film myself, but I may be able to spare a few rolls when your source runs out. I don't know how much your source has, but I've gotten easily over 100 rolls of 120 from mine so far and he still has plenty more. I wouldn't mind selling you a little bit when the time comes. Keep in touch, my friend and we can work something out.

(Most of that is 120. I love my dealer.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    I can't help you with the scanner, but I've got a crapload of 120 and about to get more. Mind you, my new medium format camera is on the way so I'm going to be using most of the 120 film myself, but I may be able to spare a few rolls when your source runs out. I don't know how much your source has, but I've gotten easily over 100 rolls of 120 from mine so far and he still has plenty more. I wouldn't mind selling you a little bit when the time comes. Keep in touch, my friend and we can work something out.
    Thank you for offering such help. I'll have that in mind.

That's a huge amount of films you have, enjoy it. I have about 7 rolls of Portra 160vc and 3 tmax 400 (both expired 2005). Maybe it was clever to put them in a frige during the summer but I was kind of unsure about that, so I kept them in a enough cold place on ground floor. Should I put them in a fridge?
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin