Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,296   Online: 981

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stevco View Post
    I have about 7 rolls of Portra 160vc and 3 tmax 400 (both expired 2005). Maybe it was clever to put them in a frige during the summer but I was kind of unsure about that, so I kept them in a enough cold place on ground floor. Should I put them in a fridge?
    If you have freezer space available, you should store film that won't be used any time soon in there. It's perfectly safe to freeze film and will help it's longevity. Just make sure it's well sealed in the original pack.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Update:

I won a Koni-Omega Rapid M. It's on it's way through the mail right now. I really hope it's in good working condition. I don't wanna have to pay for a CLA yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I regret selling my first 4x5, a Graphic View II with a spring back. I only got $150 for it, and it held a good deal of sentimental value – in retrospect, that is. I didn't think much about it at the time.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    I regret selling my Koni-Omega Rapid M. That was several decades ago, and I still regret it more than any other camera I've ever sold. Enjoy yours, Bushpig, and good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations bushpig - hope you have as much fun with yours as I did with the two I just sold.

In case you weren't aware, Mike Butkus has an instruction manual for the camera on his site, listed as "Koni-omega M".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Matt. I actually looked at the orphan cameras page, but couldn't find a manual for the Rapid M. I was almost sad. But then you saved the day!

Also, I'm sad again. I don't know where my camera is. I had a tracking number from the seller and last night it came up as being delivered...in New York! I live in California! That's not even close!

I'm hoping that I was just given the wrong number and it's almost here. Best case scenerio: it arrives tomorrow in excellent working order.

I have a 120 back on the way too. The tracking number says that it'll be here soon. Very soon. Maybe tomorrow. I hope it doesn't beat the camera here...

But I'd love if they both got here the same day!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bushpog, postal tracking will tell you that the package has been delivered after you get it. Really, no joke.

Enjoy the camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheer up bushpig! Here's one right here! Maybe I don't know enough about this camera, but they seem to be common on the Bay. Isn't this what you were talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Koni-Omega-Rapid...item2309f58fb8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oh. Well I guess I should have read just a little further in the post, shouldn't I? Congrats bushpig. Hope you enjoy your new camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still trying to get my camera. The guy sent me a new tracking number today that said it was delivered on the 15th...250 miles away from where I live.

I have no clue what's going on with this damn camera, but I'm getting sick of dealing with this. If he sends me one more tracking number that says it was delivered somewhere other than Bakersfield, CA, I'm getting a refund and leaving negative feedback. Assuming it shows up in working condition (as described), he's currently looking at neutral feedback if lucky.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin