Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 692

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    *sigh* I obviously chose the wrong camera to bid on. After all this time, he finally said he'd give me a refund and cancel the sale via ebay.

I don't know if he was trying to scam me, but he tried to tell me to cancel the sale and THEN he'll refund my money. Sounds like an attempt at stealing my $200.

Anyways, as soon as this guy gives me my money back, I'm gonna try again.

I feel stupid for buying a 120 back to compliment the 220 back that the camera would've come with. Now I have a 120 back, but no camera to attach it to.

What did I do to deserve this jerk?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    *sigh* I obviously chose the wrong camera to bid on. After all this time, he finally said he'd give me a refund and cancel the sale via ebay.

I don't know if he was trying to scam me, but he tried to tell me to cancel the sale and THEN he\'ll refund my money. Sounds like an attempt at stealing my $200.

Anyways, as soon as this guy gives me my money back, I'm gonna try again.

I feel stupid for buying a 120 back to compliment the 220 back that the camera would've come with. Now I have a 120 back, but no camera to attach it to.

What did I do to deserve this jerk?
    The guy does sound like a jerk. If you don't get your money back pretty quickly file a "not delivered" report with eBay. They will almost always side with the buyer.

The back is still good of you buy another camera. And if you don't fnd another camera its easy to sell. Depending on how much you ask I might be interested.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 09-28-2010 at 06:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I have met another lady who likes photography, thinks film sucks, has a Nikon 0D200 and a few very nice lenses. She was complaining about the Nokton 50mm/1.1 lens I bought for my Leica M20. "Why can't I have something like that for MY camera?" . Is this a good idea?

m
    Ya. Get rid of the woman. If she wants Leica quality, she should shoot Leica. Not digicrap. What in gawds name are you doing with a woman who thinks Film is crap? Get a grip.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    The guy does sound like a jerk. If you don't get your money back pretty quickly file a "not delivered" report with eBay. They will almost always side with the buyer.

The back is still good of you buy another camera. And if you don't fnd another camera its easy to sell. Depending on how much you ask I might be interested.
    He refunded my money. It was a bitch to get him to do it though. I've been fighting with this guy for weeks. Now I just gotta cancel the transaction. Am I still able to leave feedback after I cancel a sale? He seems desperate to keep his good feedback, but given the chance, I think he deserves negative feedback. If you guys could read the emails between us, you'd agree.

Anyways, I just won another Rapid M. However, unlike his, this seller didn't guarantee it works, so I guess I'm taking a gamble. But it was cheap, so I won't be losing much. Might be worth what I paid for parts alone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    He refunded my money. It was a bitch to get him to do it though. I've been fighting with this guy for weeks. Now I just gotta cancel the transaction. Am I still able to leave feedback after I cancel a sale? He seems desperate to keep his good feedback, but given the chance, I think he deserves negative feedback. If you guys could read the emails between us, you'd agree.

Anyways, I just won another Rapid M. However, unlike his, this seller didn't guarantee it works, so I guess I'm taking a gamble. But it was cheap, so I won't be losing much. Might be worth what I paid for parts alone.
    Make sure you transfer the money back to your bank account or credit card from Paypal. Don't cancel the transaction. That's how he gets off the hook. If there was no sale, then you can't leave feedback.

If there was a botched sale, and you have your money back, he can cancel the transaction. But you still get a chance to leave negative feedback.

I've had a few botched transactions. Sometimes, when I think the seller is really honest and everything just got tangled up, I'll even leave positive feed back that the person helped resolve it. But I have also left negative feedback when they seller was a PITA.

Either way, YOU don't cancel your bid. He retracts the item.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Ya. Get rid of the woman. If she wants Leica quality, she should shoot Leica. Not digicrap. What in gawds name are you doing with a woman who thinks Film is crap? Get a grip.

tim in san jose

* 2 !
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    When I was 19, I was stationed in Germany, and I was sure that I knew everything about photography and that the best cameras and lenses came from Japan. So I bought a Pentax MX and later a Nikon F2A and FE with several lenses.

I did have a little Rollei 35T that was the first camera that I bought upon arriving in Germany.

Some 20 years later, when I was living in Hong Kong, I became fascinated (obsessed) with classic German cameras, so while in Asia, I bought German cameras almost exclusively.

These days, I'm shooting about 90% with German cameras and 10% with Japanese cameras.

Around 1981, I let my mother (WTF!!!) talk me out of a Rolleiflex 2.8F for $300 and a Leica M-4 with three lenses ($400). I must have been mad to allow that to happen. No, just young ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Around 1981, I let my mother (WTF!!!) talk me out of a Rolleiflex 2.8F for $300 and a Leica M-4 with three lenses ($400). I must have been mad to allow that to happen. No, just young ...
    No. You were right the first time. You were mad.
    That's a shame. Good deal. I've been lucky so far. My girlfriend's been a bit disappointed by a couple of my purchases, but hasn't stopped me. At least not yet. *fingers crossed*.

A final update on my sad/happy/sad/happy, etc goings on with the Koni-Omega. I now have in my possession, a Koni-Omega Rapid M. Seems to be in decent shape. The rangefinder's vertical alignment seems a bit wonky, but when I run some film through it, that'll tell me the truth. Seems in alright condition for what I paid ($58 plus shipping). Much better than the $200 I plopped down on one that never made it to me! The refund for that one is still pending, but the money should be back in my account as of the 4th.

So as long as my negatives come out alright, I'm happy. Hell, for the price, I wouldn't even mind a little bit of light leaks. Easy enough fix. Gonna shoot a roll of 220 and a roll of 120 to test each of the backs that I got.

Being as my problem seems to be sorted out, this is now a thread for tragic missed opportunities for gear acquisition. Or other photo related missed opportunities. If a mod feels like moving it to a more appropriate place, that's cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    Seems in alright condition for what I paid ($58 plus shipping). Much better than the $200 I plopped down on one that never made it to me!
    Did I tell you that the next time around it would be better and you would be happier?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago I came across a Canonet G111 1.7(might have missed spell that)at a thrift shop, I didn't have the money at the time so I went home and came back the next day and it was sold!

Jeff

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin