Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,965   Posts: 1,632,472   Online: 995

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Around 1981, I let my mother (WTF!!!) talk me out of a Rolleiflex 2.8F for $300 and a Leica M-4 with three lenses ($400). I must have been mad to allow that to happen. No, just young ...
    No. You were right the first time. You were mad.
    That's a shame. Good deal. I've been lucky so far. My girlfriend's been a bit disappointed by a couple of my purchases, but hasn't stopped me. At least not yet. *fingers crossed*.

A final update on my sad/happy/sad/happy, etc goings on with the Koni-Omega. I now have in my possession, a Koni-Omega Rapid M. Seems to be in decent shape. The rangefinder's vertical alignment seems a bit wonky, but when I run some film through it, that'll tell me the truth. Seems in alright condition for what I paid ($58 plus shipping). Much better than the $200 I plopped down on one that never made it to me! The refund for that one is still pending, but the money should be back in my account as of the 4th.

So as long as my negatives come out alright, I'm happy. Hell, for the price, I wouldn't even mind a little bit of light leaks. Easy enough fix. Gonna shoot a roll of 220 and a roll of 120 to test each of the backs that I got.

Being as my problem seems to be sorted out, this is now a thread for tragic missed opportunities for gear acquisition. Or other photo related missed opportunities. If a mod feels like moving it to a more appropriate place, that's cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years ago I came across a Canonet G111 1.7(might have missed spell that)at a thrift shop, I didn't have the money at the time so I went home and came back the next day and it was sold!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Minolta XK-Motor, with a 58mm 1.2
    Would Definitely Cheer Me Up !!!

Ron

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin