Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,051   Online: 779

Images

80mm Mamiya 645 Lenses

Looking to buy a "normal" Mamiya 645 Lens. What is the word on the 80mm lenses for this system. Looks like there is a 1.9 and a 2.8 in regular normal lenses (not counting the macro). Are there any differences besides lens speed / focus screen brightness?

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have the 80mm 2.8 leaf shutter lens for the 645 Pro I just recently acquired. the lens is wonderful and to be honest I have printed negs shot with the 80mm Hasselblad lens I had prior and the 80mm mamiya lens I have now and the 8x10s look almost identical IMO when it comes to image quality.

The leaf shutter I know is for flash work and syncing up to 1/500th. I rarely do flash photography so I wont fully utilize its capacity. But the lens is tack sharp and wonderfully bright and easy to focus even for me and my horrible vision.

hope that helps.
    I can post some shots from it if you would like.

Images
    so the 2.8 is a leaf shutter, and the 1.9 uses the standard shutter? If so that is a big bonus.
    hi!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Theres an 80mm 2.8, an 80mm 1.9, and an 80mm 2.8 leaf shutter.

Three seperate lens models. I dont know which one of the 2.8s you have but I do know the leaf shutter one is considerably more expensive from the non leaf shutter one.

Images
    got ya!
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I shoot the 645AFs now having ditched the Supers a few years ago, but IF you plan to actually focus the lens, rather than zone/scale focussing, you'd do yourself a favor by getting the 1.9.

Trying to manually focus the 2.8s in most indoor settings is NO fun
    ... BC was here!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin