Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,777   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

50's ADOX with bellows and 85mm f6.3!!

Found in a thrift shop for 40 bucks. Shutter works and it takes 120. What to look for? Bellows look fine no tears seems to hold a tight seal. Glass could use a cleaning

Shooter
    35mm
    Is that the Golf?
    http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Adox_Golf_63

I've got one, and I love it. Used to be my dads, I played with it like a toy as a kid and it survived just fine.
    Don't expect diamond sharp images, but they're certainly passable. It's a bit fiddly to load though, just because of the tight fit.

Stick a (lightweight) flash on it and it gets a great reception at parties these days.

Don't trust the viewfinder - it's hardly accurate It does let you point it roughly in the right direction though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep that's the one. Pretty good shape too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    With one exception, Adox served the lower end of the market. Its cameras were well made and usually fitted with modest lenses and shutters.

Stopped down, they probably take a very good photo.

Their high-end camera was the Adox 300, which had interchangeable film magazines and either a Cassar or Xenar lens. It's a somewhat large camera and very well made.

Congratulations on owning an Adox camera.

Now, you have to feed it some Adox film. I use quite a bit of it. Love the stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont have it yet, the next time I get a chance to go back to the antique store Im going to snatch it up. Been really wanting some super vintage photos. I heard a lot about the ADOX film giving that look but I didn't know they made cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    They didn't make many.
    For $40, I'd be sure it's in great condition. I've seen them regularly in useable but beaten condition for less than that.
    Ebay has a couple: http://cgi.ebay.com/ADOX-Vintage-120...item4aa4309c46
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-ADOX-Gol...item33608fe07f

(the two above have different lenses and shutters. I've got the same as the first one.

I'd really recommend getting one. I think it's a great, cheap portable MF camera. It comes with me when I don't want to risk my Rolleiflex.

For a taster - he's a picture I took with mine. Badly exposed, badly developed, but it definitely has that vintage feel...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8935_286637560595_607865595_8905222_5871348_n.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format

Adox Sport 6x9

I've got the Sport 6x9 model with a Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 105/4,5 on a Dr. Schleussner Prontor-S shutter. Paid €4 for it Rather sharp lens (despite my poor scans)!

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0720_08.jpg   Adox_08.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin