Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,272   Posts: 1,534,535   Online: 1012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Mamiya 645 Super cable release adapter problem?

hmmm, ok my Mamiya 645 Super kit with 3 lenses is now complete and ready for use
    (I love you ebay)

It came with a cable release adapter but I am not sure it works or if I am using it right? I slide open the side compartment, plug in the adapter, screw my cable release into the adapter, but using it will not fire the shutter. Camera is on, wound, everything seems right. What am I missing? thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you taken the lock off the cable release?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you got film in it? I may be off track but for my 1000s to fire it either needs film in it (and shutter cocked) or it to be on the Multiple Exposure setting (and shutter cocked)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    are you talking about on the cable itself? The cable seems to be working fine. I see no lock on the body..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    you got film in it? I may be off track but for my 1000s to fire it either needs film in it (and shutter cocked) or it to be on the Multiple Exposure setting (and shutter cocked)...
    I'll try that nige

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hmm no luck. I attempted this with the polaroid back on and there is some film in the back. I tried multi. I noticed using the cable lit the leds in the meter, so something is working but the shutter will not fire. Maybe it is the cable? hmm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The plunger part of the cable release houses the lock. Un screw it gently and see what happens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    The plunger part of the cable release houses the lock. Un screw it gently and see what happens
    Ok, here is a pic of the adapter, and I was just trying to use an old cable release with it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CABLE.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    see the section that has the ridges ringing the bottom fo the cable release? try unscrewing that. Only reason i say this is, I did it once myself and someone pointed it out to me. I felt like a total idiot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    mine doesn't unscrew, but it has the locking mechanism at the top. Wehen I push down on the top the bit does extend out of the bottom about 3/4 of an inch. hmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin