Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,204   Online: 838

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I took a photo of my 3 year old niece - she came and tried to look on LCD screen of my nikon F3. She was confused, look at her mom, then me, then camera again ... then my sister tried to explain that in this camera you can not see picture right now, she was confused even more... it was very funny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    When I took a photo of my 3 year old niece - she came and tried to look on LCD screen of my nikon F3. She was confused, look at her mom, then me, then camera again ... then my sister tried to explain that in this camera you can not see picture right now, she was confused even more... it was very funny
    I agree that it can be funny, but it can also be seen as somewhat sad.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was out a few weeks ago with my 8x10 2-D and a 4x5 Speed. You'd probably believe how many times I was asked whether it was real, whether it worked, whether you could get film for it. Only once, while I was preparing the 2-D, did someone wave a Nikon DSLR in my face and tell me I should get one of "these". I didn't resist the temptation to show him my Canon DSLR sitting in the bag and tell him he should get one of those ( with apologies to all you Nikon owners out there and not wishing to get into the whole Nikon/Canon debate)

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tell them my wood frame 4x5 field camera makes 200 megapixel digital images. Manually. See the manual "preview screen"?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just do my best to find the humor in these comments from my film photographer point of view, but never see these folks as a-hole. Even though their questions may be ridiculous to me, I never forget that they have enough genuine interest to stop and ask me about it. Being a a Grade-A introvert, they're great ice breakers for a little conversation, and the opportunity to hand out a card.

What does get to me though is when someone asks about whatever camera I have as an entry for them to just talk about the latest Digital camera they've purchased. I never understand what and of the version numbers mean and end up giving a blank silent stare.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format

I tell them my camera can be a digital.

I have a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S and have never had any one question me about it being a digital except my own family. If they ask is it a digital, I tell them...it can be. That really peaks their interest. A few weeks ago I was asked by one of my sisters to bring the slide projector to entertain my other sisters that were visiting. They enjoyed being able to watch all the old slides and the newer ones that they had not seen that I took with my 35mm equipment over the years. Since my sister doesn't own a computer, and I don't have a laptop, nor are all my slides scanned, that was the only option. It was nice to have all three of my sisters able to see family shots at once, and on a large screen too. When I do have someone ask me about using my RB67 I have a statement already for them. I'm going to say, I really don't know if my pictures will turn out as I don't have any batteries in my camera. I'm curious to see what they say about that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    I have a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S and have never had any one question me about it being a digital except my own family.
    I've once had someone assume my RB67 was digital, only, I didn't realize they were making that assumption as I talked to them. The resulting conversation was pretty funny. I have a blow-by-blow of it here on my blog.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When out with my Graflex Super or RB I show people the film holders and tell them they they are memory cards for the camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    But on the other side, if I see someone with a vintage Nikon or even a Graflex (it happens!) I can say: I have one at home just like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today I was out taking pictures with my Rolleiflex, when a woman; passing by, told me: 'Oh...what a nice camera'; 'Oh... what a very pretty camera' I told her while leaving: '48 years!'

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin