Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,332   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    Maybe it's just my 'practical' sense, but I wouldn't worry at all about vertical alignment. It's the horizontal coincidence that gives you the range.
    Theoretically that's right in a sense, but focusing is easier when there is no vertical misalignment. The absence of a double image is easier to detect accurately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    From what I see you saying it has been calibrated by a repair shop n it is still out of alignment?

Did you check the film plane vs the viewfinder? Do you wear glasses? Do you need reading glasses?

It sounds more like you need a diopter, not a calibration.

The repair shop would have calibrated it on a collimeter and that should be spot on as well as coinside with the film plane focus. If it is still out then user error is suspected.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin