Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,939   Online: 931

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul excellent info. I am a computer tech, being such I can appreciate the complexity of the inner workings of things. Ihave no doubt that with the proper documentation I could learn to dismantle and repair this baby, if I needed too. Any idea where i could get a service manual?

Shooter
    Medium Format

The mamiya service manual is available from CameraBooks for $20

You can get a service manual from CameraBooks, they sell for $20. They don't show details of the lens but more of the body which is all good ingo, some is missing but can be figured out or by asking. You can get exploded views and diagrams from Mamiya for almost anything and they still have most of the parts. Call their tech department at 914 347-3300 and they will fax the diagrams to you, you can also order the parts you need.

These cameras are built like tanks and are easy to work on. Most parts are so large you can make your own by cutting up car fenders. MOst repairs on this camera are just adjustment or cleaning, hardly ever parts unless the camera was forced or physically damaged. they aren't as delicate as you might think but should not be pushed as that is how damage occurs.

If you ever need to repair, just e-mail me I'd be glad to help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has finally arrived. I was up till 1:00AM playing with it and haven't broken it yet! It is everything I had hoped for. Couple of things have noticed so far- the mirror sometimes sticks in the open position. and the billows were slightly deformed. I think I have been able to correct the billows issue, by gently recreasing them and closing it up tight. But any idea about the mirror hanging? The other thing is the view screen is tore up pretty good I think I can get one on ebay though.
    WoooHoo...finally in the world of medium format! Test photos to come...not a threat. lol
    Last edited by M. Walter Lyon; 08-19-2004 at 01:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Congratulations

You'll have fun with your new toy. It's a wonderful machine and a work of art to look at.

Be careful with the mirror. What is hanging that mirror may just be old sticky foam. You can replace that yourself one rainy afternoon. Get the self stick foam from MicroTools. An assorted pack is around $25 and has all the thicknesses you'll ever need. Get the USA stuff it's a better quality.

Carefully scrape off the old foam with a dental pic. Go around the mirror and at the top of the mirror box, just under the view screen where you'll see a strip and 2 bumpers. One side is thicker than the other so you'll have to make up the difference by layering the foam. It is higher on one corner than the other by about 1mm. Cut the stuff with a razor or scalpel.

Once you get the foam you will want to do all the backs. your old 35mm cameras and the neighbors' cameras and god only knows what other things you'll come up with, I did my enlargers too. Get a repair manual and do the internal seals as well?

Good luck, be gentile with the 30 yr old Russian tank. It'll be around for many years to come with just a little care, we'll still be taking pictures of all those ddigital cameras and printers in the dumps 30 years form now.

PS The bellows will straighten itself in time just by what you did. If they are not leaking light the wrinkel will not make any difference in the images.

Good luck.. if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me directly at AUTOMAX1@JUNO.COM

Paul, NYC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin