Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,568   Online: 742

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bag for Hasselblad?

Hi,

I'm curious what you Hasselblad users are using for a bag. I'm looking for something light that doesn't scream "steal me I'm a camera bag".

I'm looking for one that can hold a Hassy 500 with an 80mm lens, plus two rangefinder cameras.

Most of the listings I see are advertising how they hold a DSLR and a 70-200 vertically. I'd be leary of carrying a Hassy vertically for some reason. Can anyone share their experiences?

Thanks,

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use various bags, depending on what i carry.
    But all cry out "i'm a camera bag". Not so attractive to thieves nowadays as they used to be.

But that's not what i wanted to contribute. All i wanted to say is that whatever bag, i always carry the Hasselblads vertically (smallest 'foot print' that way), both lens first and back first. Not a problem.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Mark,

I use my Domke F-2 believe it or not. Depending on the lens you can fit the Hasselblad horizantal or vertical. I started using the bag because it is what I had, and it actually works pretty well as long as you don't carry to much. I usually carry the Hassy with a back and an 80mm mounted along with an extra lens and a couple of backs. If you carry the backs in the side pockets there is enough room for the Hassy w/80 and two other lenses.

BTW, I have had no issue with carrying the body either vertically or horizontally.

Jim
    Jim Couch
    www.spokeandsprocket.com
    Tacoma, WA USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check this thread... http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/7...50-lenses.html

I use a Courierware for TLRs and it's awesome. Very re-configurable for your Hassy or any other setup. Mine has the internal cell dividers, unlike the one in the thread. I have pics of it elsewhere on APUG if you want to see.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a variety of bags.
    Lowepro Pro Trekker AW 300- for going on big trips where i need a full kit (50, 80, 150, 250 or a 135 macro & auto bellows) - also holds a raincoat, hydration bladder, water bottle and a Nikon F5 & 35mm lens, full set of grad filters, lee holders, tonnes of film and a laptop.

Lowepro Nova 4 (old shoulder bag) - Will happily hold a camera with 80mm and a 50mm or 150mm lens plus two backs, film etc

Pelican 1530 case - for storage. (bright orange identifies the Hasselblad kit)

I also just bought a Thinktank Streetwalker backpack for city work. Will hold a small kit (my old Lowepro shoulder bag is on its last legs)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Tamrac 750. A 752 is even larger. The 750 is a top loading backpack that puts the weight on to the hips. I carry a 503 CX, a 903 SWC, four lenses [50mm, 80mm, 150mm, and 250mm], a 2x extender, four close up rings and four A12 backs in the 750.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Timbuk2 messenger bag usually, which holds a lot of gear. Sometimes I just use a Domke F6B when I'm carrying less. In both cases, I like the bags because the lack of padding means you can stuff more in.

I load the Hasselblads vertically and have never had a problem.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Crumpler bag - well padded and not obviously a camera bag (although you might well guess there was a camera in there...) The Blad sits in the middle compartment vertically.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone. Good to hear that carrying it vertically won't cause problems.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whatever you carry it in as soon as you get it out people will see what you have.
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin