Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,676   Online: 1139

Shooter
    Multi Format

C220 Mamiya Finder info

Hello,

Can anyone recognize the finder on this Mamiya C220 as a genuine C220/C330 finder ? I can not find info about a finder that looks this way. The seller says it is
    with a lightmeter, but I looked at the Cds porrofinder and that looks different.
    Picture is a bit small, but I hope someone can help.

Thanx !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C220Finder.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like a CdS chimney finder. You can see the battery compartment under the front overhang. It is a single magnification finder with eyepiece focus adjustment. The meter is the same match needle type as the CdS Porrofinder. You program the maximum aperture of the viewing lens and the film speed, mach the needle with the sight, and transfer the reading to the camera manually. This picture may help: http://www.btinternet.com/~g.a.patte.../jpg/chim1.jpg

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks Graham !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, that certainly is a metered chimney-finder. I have one and until quite recently the meter worked fine. Press a button on the side and a cell on an arm swings out into the field of view. Basically it's a spot meter.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yesterday I bought this camera (175$). Today I tested a film and the negs look
    very good ! It is a C220 with a 80mm f2.8 and indeed the metered chimney
    finder. Camera still looks very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only drawback to the chimney finders (metered or the dual magnification 'plain' version) is the size. They are light - just an empty box really - and excellent for controlling extraneous light. The big eyepiece is a boon, too.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin