Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,872   Posts: 1,629,375   Online: 679

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had good luck with Shutterblade on Ebay, also Astrosmith. KEH is usually not too far above ebay prices, sometimes 10-30% higher.

Lens prices are quite cheap compared to new but the desirable ones still fetch some significant money, e.g. 50 ULD, any of the APOs, 65 L/A, shift/short barrel 75, T/S adapter, etc.

-Ed

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    I have had good luck with Shutterblade on Ebay, also Astrosmith. KEH is usually not too far above ebay prices, sometimes 10-30% higher.

Lens prices are quite cheap compared to new but the desirable ones still fetch some significant money, e.g. 50 ULD, any of the APOs, 65 L/A, shift/short barrel 75, T/S adapter, etc.

-Ed
    I think the seller wanted new. I've never had to return anything to Shutterblade but their ratings can be overly optimistic. This seems especially true of Mamiya RB/RZ gear which, despite good cosmetics, is usually high mileage pro studio gear. I've done way better with private sellers on the big auction site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Changed my mind due to a lot of advice !
    I try again : Want to buy an used Mamiya rz pro II.
    Anybody doing business with SHUEIDO in Taiwan ?
    thanks
    k.hendrik

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since we've no clue where you're located, I'd say no if it's shipped to N.America or Europe. RZ bodies, even Pro IId models, aren't that uncommon. Your Taiwan seller is probably OK judging from his feedback but I'd rather buy used from KEH any day. I've good and awful experiences buying from HK. The KEH price premium buys you peace of mind and a no BS return policy. It's your money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll put it this way: Cambridge World is not real world. They will make you unhappy.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I've bought some Mamiya lenses from Shueido - good value and a reliable shipping service.

Quote Originally Posted by k.hendrik View Post
    Changed my mind due to a lot of advice !
    I try again : Want to buy an used Mamiya rz pro II.
    Anybody doing business with SHUEIDO in Taiwan ?
    thanks
    k.hendrik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll buy all the 50 ULDs and 65 L/A's you can find for $300/ea! The 50 ULD normally goes for more like $600-750, the 65 L/A is more like $400-450+. The non-ULD/non-LA versions are cheaper - around $300. The non-ULD 50 is actually very good, much better than all the forum/internet ranting would lead one to believe. The 50 ULD mainly has improvements close-up (floating element), at longer distances the regular 50 is more than excellent.

The APOs (210, 350, 500) fetch some real $ also, at least $450+ for the 210, $700+ for the 350 and 500. The 180/4.5 W-N is a good alternative to the 210 though, and the non-apo 360 is an excellent lens and usually half the price of the APO but almost as good, in my experience. (plus shorter and lighter)

Have heard good thigngs about SHUEIDO but have not done business with them.

I'd say don't bother paying more for a II vs an original RZ67. There's basically no difference. the half-stop shutter speeds can be had via the AE prism finder.

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really wonder how Cambridge World stays in business. I think this is the same joint that used to call themselves Cambridge Camera years and years ago. They had a lousy reputation then, and apparently they still do. Stay away. Stay far away.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin