Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,798   Online: 1016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya rz pro II d

Want to buy a new Mamiya rz pro II d; anybody doing business with Cambridge World in NYC ? Got a nice offer 'value pack' from them. But it's bit away from home

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    go to KEH, buy a ProII(non-d) with all the trimmings, and I'll bet you'll come out winning $$$-wise.

or craigslist.org, or ebay. Just picked up another ProII body(now a backup finally ) for $150 off of craigslist with a (2) 120 II backs. Almost got another 110mm 2.8 for $100. Deals are out there, and you certainly don't have to buy new.

unless you want to of course

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks ! got some more PM warnings ;( & advice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ordered and paid for some Contax equipment from them - never heard a word until I phoned them from the UK and was then told that the item was damaged and they were awaiting a replacement. Months went by and they never delivered.

I just gave up in the end - the phone calls were costing a fortune - and cut my losses. Had I been in the US, I'd have paid them a visit and made them an offer they could not refuse...

Quote Originally Posted by k.hendrik View Post
    Want to buy a new Mamiya rz pro II d; anybody doing business with Cambridge World in NYC ? Got a nice offer 'value pack' from them. But it's bit away from home

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Pro II and the Pro IId are exactly the same body - the only difference is the IId has the communication protocol for a digital back that would record the lens, f-stop, shutter speed etc. If you buy the Pro II and ever want to use a digi back, you still can - might need an adapter plate, you just won't get all the exposure data communicated to the back. the Pro II can also be upgraded for a price (not cheap). If your primary purpose is the shoot film with this, I concur - go to KEH and snag a used one. I bought a spare body for less than typical repair costs on a Pro II body. Looks like it was never used.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RZ seem to be at historical lows for a body only. Lens prices are in the gutter also.

Now is time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would stay away from Cambridge World, go to KEH or even Ebay. There is an Ebay "store" named Shutterblade that has a ton of nice Mamiya equipment. I purchased a 645 Pro TL from them that was very reasonably priced and in great condition.

As others have said, prices of film cameras are so low now it really doesn't pay to buy new

Good luck
    Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I try again : Want to buy a Mamiya rz pro II anybody doing business with SHUEIDO in Taiwan ?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not sure where you are but this Canadian seller might be worth a look:

http://harrysproshop.com/Mamiya_RZ_67/mamiya_rz_67.html

His kits are C$3800. B&H is US$4200.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin