Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,391   Online: 1025

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Hi Lynn, I recently purchased the Fuji GF670 and have been carrying it around with me on several shoots. I've shot mainly B&W though I have three rolls of color being developed. I haven't used a polarizing filter but did use an orange filter with some of my B&W work. I haven't needed to use either a monopod or tripod . . . I found the camera to be light, easy to hold, and I've gotten away with some images handheld at 1/30 of a second. I've written about my experiences with the GF670 here: http://wp.me/ph0f6-1K You might find it helpful . . .
    Very nice article. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're welcome . . . Mark

noumin
    My travel gear for many years was a Mamyia 6 with all three lenses plus a monopod with a small ballhead. I enjoyed it a lot, it was probably my one outfit that came very close to being perfect. With a firm stand and the monopod I was able to shoot down to 1/4sec and the pictures turned out sharp (no mirror slap). I imagine the Bessa and the monopod is a great combo, you should do fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a polarizer filter kit made by Kenko for rangefinders. You can see it here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Lynn, I was shooting in Tulum and Chichen Itza. Tri-X and like MarkG I used a orange filter. It really made the clouds pop. Most of the time I shoot large format and yes a tripod. Sometimes the mono is just perfect and that was one of them.

I like 6x7 because it can give close to 4x5 quality in an easy to carry package. I've been using the Plaubel 67 for many years as my travel camera. Even when driving with L/F gear the 6x7 is always there ready in three seconds. My guess is the Plaubel would be faster to get ready than the Fuji/Bessa. I just push a button and the lens slides out set at infinity. But the lighter weight with a dependable meter is calling me. I don't use f2.8 enough to matter.

Good luck with your camera, those Fuji lenses are topnotch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the old Fuji 645 folder that folded up into a jacket pocket and carried a monopod on many treks for years. It would balance nicely when folded and ride on my shoulder when left attached to the pod, too. I think you'd like the Bessa in this mode. I always seemed to be able to find a triangulation point with my leg or elbow and some object when I needed to extend shutter speeds. The low vibes from that design of camera doesn't require overly massive pod support to be effective, in my experience.
    Craig Schroeder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin