Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,082   Online: 1087

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Fujifilm GF670 and the Leica MP: a Comparison

I recently purchased a Fujifilm GF670 (medium format "folder") and took it on a walkabout in Washington DC. I also brought my Leica MP along. I took images with both cameras and wrote a blog post about my experiences and the images produced by each. If your curious how the camera performs and the images it produces, you might find this an interesting read. You can find it here: http://wp.me/ph0f6-1K

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I enjoyed reading this.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, clogz. Glad you enjoyed it . . . Mark

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This was a really balanced and interesting piece. It seems like you have two great cameras. And a very nice wife. Though if my husband liked cameras, I would have an excuse to have twice as much stuff, and that would be very dangerous.

Your last shot, of the wedding party, is especially awesome.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really enjoyed reading your tale of two rangefinders. I also enjoyed watching the short video on the opening and closing of the Fuji rangefinder.

If I were not already shooting with a 6x7 Fuji rangefinder, your article would definitely make me want to get one.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @ Laura and Narsuitus - thank you for your feedback and kind words. I'm glad you found the article helpful.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My adventures with the Fuji GF670 continue. I took it to a dinner party last Friday and experimented using it for an available light shoot. I pushed Tri-X to 800, developed it in D76 1:1 and was pleasantly surprised at the results. You can read more about my experience here: http://wp.me/ph0f6-2R

Mark
    Leica MP, M7, Fujifilm GF670
    http://markgoodephotos.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark,

Enjoyed your first comparison. Have yet to read your new post.

Actually, reading your blog can become dangerous for my wallet. Lately, I've been trying to convince myself that I really don't need another camera, but whenever I read about the GF670/Bessa III, I become more and more convinced that I *do* need just *one* more camera...

Thanks again, great reading, great examples.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kraker,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the post . . . the GF670 is a pretty sweet camera, at least given what how I like to shoot. And, since they made only 5,000, I figured I'd grab one. I've always wanted a folder but I didn't want to have to carry a light meter with me; the GF670 addressed that concern.

Mark
    Leica MP, M7, Fujifilm GF670
    http://markgoodephotos.wordpress.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin