Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,440   Online: 921

Shooter
    Multi Format

Indicators mismatched on my Hassy

Hi all. Just got a 500 CM, and it's one one the later ones ('93) in mint condition. I loaded the film per instructions and as I understand it, both indicators (the one on the magazine and the one on the body) should be white and then the film will be ready to expose. Problem is that the indicator on the magazine is always red, regardless of following instructions to get it white. I can take a picture after I advance the film, but I'm not sure if the film was properly exposed.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong or any suggestions?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The magazine probably isn't as 'mint' as you think it is. That is: the mint condition will be due to having been used very little, or not at all, since 1993. The thingies however were made to be used, and used a lot, and don't like not being used or only being used once and again.

So my first guess would be that the magazine should have the old hardened lubricants taken out and replaced by fresh ones.

If not that, something inside needs readjusting. Something that can be done in the process of cleaning and relubing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What he said. Either get a CLA or return it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Did you remember to remove the dark slide before advancing the film?
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It doesn't matter what you do with the darkslide. You can advance the film with or without the slide in place. The signal should work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, the film magazines seem to be the weak point with Hasselblads. Not that they're inherently bad, but they do seem to like being serviced now and again. I know I had both my backs serviced. Sometimes they'd jam, or run roughly. Frame spacing was off. After having them serviced, they operated like new. Perfect. It was well worth the money because you've got yourself a fantastic machine there with absolutely gorgeous lenses.
    Frank Schifano

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin