Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,650   Online: 975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Decoupling the Bronica PS 2x teleconverter from a lens?

Earlier today I went to decouple my recently acquired PS 2x teleconverter from a lens, only to find that I'm not entirely sure of the procedure; there is some kind of mechanism on the converter itself, but is anyone here familiar with the unit?

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a button on a raised part of the 2X lens opposite of the red dot, with the front of lens facing away push it to the right, twist off lens. Easy.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pnance View Post
    There is a button on a raised part of the 2X lens opposite of the red dot, with the front of lens facing away push it to the right, twist off lens. Easy.

Paul
    - you don't have to pull out a pin?

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used my 200m and the extender many times, but before I wrote that, I got my lens and extender out and tried it to get the expression correct. Point the lens away from you, push button to right, twist off lens.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pnance View Post
    I've used my 200m and the extender many times, but before I wrote that, I got my lens and extender out and tried it to get the expression correct. Point the lens away from you, push button to right, twist off lens.

Paul
    - my unit may have stuck then...

Tom

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was something...

I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but I seem to remember that you may need to move something on the converter itself if it doesn't want to come off. I think it was one "generation" of converters and extension tubes that had this "feature". In my case it was the tubes. I have to see it and hold it in my hands to remember. I'll check when I get home on Tuesday.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    In view of the last suggestion, the raised area and button are on the teleconverter. The entire button and raised section move together. It can be quite stiff. But when it moves the lens then twists off easily.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time." G.K.Chesterton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link. However, the levers on my unit don't want to stay underneath the green dots; but I can now remove the lens from the teleconverter by rotating the lens very slightly and then moving the release button on the converter.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad to hear it finally came off. I guess the age and wear to each lens may be different.

Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin