Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,912   Posts: 1,556,252   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Sandean only quote £65 to service a back, I.M.O you can't equate the cost of skilled labour by technicians with the prices you can buy things for on ebay for otherwise you might as well throw it away and buy another one which might or might not need servicing, it's a calculated risk.
    I agree with that, you pay to service it and have a back that should be good to go for another 5 years.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    So you think that £85 they quote to service a Hasselblad 500 series body is expensive, what planet do you live on ?
    Nope, what I thought expensive was the £190 they quoted me to remove a jammed lens from an RB67, and the £160 they quoted for a CLA of a Nikon 150mm lens (newest Copal style) with sloppy speeds at the low end. These were both in the past 12 months; maybe their pricing structures have changed a little since you were last in the trade ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mickster View Post
    Nope, what I thought expensive was the £190 they quoted me to remove a jammed lens from an RB67, and the £160 they quoted for a CLA of a Nikon 150mm lens (newest Copal style) with sloppy speeds at the low end. These were both in the past 12 months; maybe their pricing structures have changed a little since you were last in the trade ?
    The prices I quoted were the ones on their current website which I now notice are minus V.A.T. http://www.sendeancameras.co.uk/camrepairs.htm, my company were "Trade", and paid considerably less than retail
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-18-2010 at 06:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format

New Hasselblad repairer

I have just launched www.classicv.co.uk and hope to be of service to readers of this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin