Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,178   Online: 1015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks guys.

@ bdial I'm just trying to get a sense of the price before I decide to put it up for sale.

@ Q. G. Good idea. I think I'll put it on there soon. If you were in the market for this camera/setup what would you want to give for it?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_murtaugh View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm contemplating selling my hasselblad kit and was curious of its value.

I've been searching the main used sites and also comparing brand new models and think I have a general idea but would be interested in what you guys think.

Kit includes:

501 (black) CM body
    80 mm 2.8/80 CFE
    A-12 (black) back

Thanks,

Mike
    I paid under $1,000 back in January for my 501CM (black) body
    80mm 2.8
    A-24 (black) back

You asked....
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Michael,

Hard to say.
    It's like trying to decide what you would like to eat tomorrow when you have just eaten slightly more than you should have. My appetite for a stuff like this is, at least for now (?), fully satisfied.
    It depends on the market too.

Having said all that, i'd say about 400 for the body. A bit more for the lens (CFE lenses go for a bit more than any of the others), so let's say 600. No more than 200 for the magazine. Totals US$ 1200.

But that's just my take on it! I'm not saying that if someone else puts a higher value on it, he/she would be wrong.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I got my one from ebay last year, with 80CFE and A12. almost same condition as yours, i paid $1145 plus $50 shipping charge.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The "how much is my stuff worth?" question is always a tough one. It depends on the condition of the equipment, current market demand and a bit of luck.

Prices for certain cameras rise and fall, sometimes without logic. I think it's generally a broad range when it comes to camera value.

When people ask me this, I usually give them a broad range, because, for the most part, it depends. That, and I'm tired of answering, "How much is my camera worth?"

And for the most part, it's usually worth a lot less than what you think it is or what you paid for it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I paid $1699 (minus a nice % for bing cashback at the time) on eBay for what I will call a nearly "brand new" kit almost identical to what you are describing, except it was chrome, and included original kit box and all instructions. This was around June 2009.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I bought one in Excellent condition, with a prism and quick mount about 3 months ago for $300 if that helps.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to everyone responding.

I totally agree that its the luck of the draw to get a price your happy with. Not to mention its probably worth less than what you think it is (as some of you have mentioned).

Appreciate the feedback!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's location specific (supply and demand). If you sell outside of South Korea, the cost of shipping will likely dampen your selling price. If you can sell locally, you may get more than international sources might suggest (assuming there is not a glut of using H'blad in South Korea).
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    500 c/m kits with a single back and an 80mm lens often go for $500-$700, and the difference between a 500 and a 501 is not all that great. I got a 500 c/m with 50, 80, and 150mm lenses plus a filter set, flash bracket, three A12 backs, and prism finder for only $1400 -- so I don't think that pricing the 501/80 combo over $1000 is going to get you a sale.
    Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin