Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,575   Online: 1079

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Think this is a Voigtlander??

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    "The earliest meanings of unique when it entered English around the beginning of the 17th century were “single, sole” and “having no equal.” By the mid-19th century unique had developed a wider meaning, “not typical, unusual,” and it is in this wider sense that it is compared: The foliage on the late-blooming plants is more unique than that on the earlier varieties. The comparison of so-called absolutes in senses that are not absolute is standard in all varieties of speech and writing." Based on the Random House dictionary...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's good to see and hear about this, regardless of price and whatnot. Just great that Fuji is still developing film cameras. Seems like sort of an extension of their GW/GSW line in a way - wide angle, fixed lens. Too bad it's not 6x9 too. It would be sweet to see them do an updated GSW690IV with a 43mm lens or something like that. ;-)

Look at the lens specs on this one though - 10 elements / 8 groups- that sounds like a biogon-style design to me. Clearly it will be excellent I'd think, and undoubtedly more expensive than the tessar in the folding version of the camera.

Still, a Mamiya 7 seems like a better choice in basically every respect.

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might sell for the same price as used Plaubel Makina W67 (also 55/4.5)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you have any feeling as to whether Fuji would/could/should make this latest incarnation an interchangeable lens camera, as they did with the earliest versions? Personally, I have always thought it would be the bees knees to have an interchangeable lens RF!

Granted, many people can be perfectly happy with a fixed lens RF (I have one myself in fact). But it seems that unless there were some major cost to adding a lens interface or some other design/performance constraint associated with it, it could only help to pick up additional sales for Fuji (in the form of lens purchases).

Anyway, I'm just musing; probably can't justify yet another camera anyway!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It depends on how big it is compared to my M7II, I have a Fuji 645 with AF, zoom and vertical frame but it's fairly bulky for the small neg. This looks pretty cool...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    Do you have any feeling as to whether Fuji would/could/should make this latest incarnation an interchangeable lens camera, as they did with the earliest versions? Personally, I have always thought it would be the bees knees to have an interchangeable lens RF!

Granted, many people can be perfectly happy with a fixed lens RF (I have one myself in fact). But it seems that unless there were some major cost to adding a lens interface or some other design/performance constraint associated with it, it could only help to pick up additional sales for Fuji (in the form of lens purchases).

Anyway, I'm just musing; probably can't justify yet another camera anyway!
    YES. A modern version of the old interchangeable lens 6x9s. Multi format 6x7 and 6x9. Basically a Mamiya 7 type, but with 6x9 capability. Now THAT I would save my pennies for...but then again, I feel that every 6x7 camera ought to be a 6x9 camera. How amazing would an RZ69 or Pentax 69 be?.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oooooh...I fancy one of those!

Looks like the perfect 6x7 backpacking landscape camera. Wonder how much it will sell for?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah yes that's what I was hoping for with the last one!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=2F/2F;1062814]YES. A modern version of the old interchangeable lens 6x9s. Multi format 6x7 and 6x9. Basically a Mamiya 7 type, but with 6x9 capability....
    No! Fuji's tech specs says 6 x 7 and 6 x 6 capability. Howard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin