Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,639   Posts: 1,668,444   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    And jump right back in with home-processed E-6?!

I guess it is just like riding a bike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep On Keeping It Real Emtor !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome home. I also have a Rolleicord and it takes wonderful pictures.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great stuff, congratulatins on your pilgrimage. I'm still a repeating sinner, but less so than before. Took up film (MF) again earlier this year, and though I wouldn't say the quality is that much better than can be had from my digital cameras, it sure is much more fun. Different league altogether.

I can understand your wonder of the countryside up north, its stunning.

Best regards
    En Søring

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG and glad you are shooting film again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds great - very glad you've found film again, I came back to film in a similar, roundabout way. Epson v750 huh? I had a v500 a while back and loved using it when making digital end-products of my film work - best of luck with it, I found it dead simple to use and the scans were everything I could have asked for.

Just as a side note - I never really liked the way my colour reversal (slide) film looked when scanned with the v500 and always had to play around with it - not sure why that is, colour negative stuff looked great without any alterations. Anyhow all the best and enjoy your new old cameras!
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well,-I'm a "søring" too, and I moved to Karasjok a year ago, which made me take up photography again after many years of no activity.
    I can't make claims about digital in general, but my Nikon D-50 and D-3000 did not impress me very much. For close-ups these cameras are fine, but for landscapes they proved (in my opinion) almost useless. I still have a long way to go in getting to know my scanner and the software (Epson v750/silverfast) but so far the results look promising. But I'll admit that digital is easier, and I truly hate the mess with chemicals in the darkroom, but the medium format gear is a world apart from the lower cost consumer DSLR's.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those Rollei (cords and flexs) will always deliver. One dare not speak them in the same breath as Yaschica, much less Lubitel! Keep the Rolleis rolling along!
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin